Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FileTrekker

Taurine for PVCs

Has anyone tried Taurine for PVCs?

My PVC's were at a pretty consistant 1,000 a day, but randomly on Sunday, possibly due to switching brand of Magnesium supplement, they have now doubled to 2,000 a day and I'm getting between 2 and 7 PVCs every minute.

So I decided to bite the bullet and try taurine. I'm on my second day now and while the PVCs are MUCH softer now, their frequency has not actually changed, still around 2,000 PVCs per day. I feel better overall, though, slightly more relaxed and as I say the PVCs, while still noticeable, aren't punch to the chest horrible like they were.

Just wondering if other people had experiences?

I tried L-Arginine as well on Monday but I'm stopping that after one dose as I'm pretty sure all it's done is make my POTS worse, my tachy was worse and I felt pretty flushed, I believe it can actually dilate blood vessels. 

There is a video Dr Sanjay Gupta a cardiologist made, hes fantastic and talks about Magnesium Taurate for PVCS, it definitely helps.

What magnesium were you on before and then what one when they got worse?

I'm on Magnesium Citrate currently and wonder if the taurate may be a better choice for me.

I've been using 500mg of niacinamide for the past three weeks or so and noticed it quite quickly reduced the number of palpitations I have. I have maybe one or two a week, rather than one every day, or more when stressed.