What does seeing stars mean?

Derek1987

You're seeing them in your field of vision?  It could be low oxygen, or perhaps floaters in your eyeball, or a migraine prodrome, or possibly many other things.  Do they move independently of your eyes, or are they always in the same quadrant and location no matter where you look?

16 minutes ago, Lily said:

You're seeing them in your field of vision?  It could be low oxygen, or perhaps floaters in your eyeball, or a migraine prodrome, or possibly many other things.  Do they move independently of your eyes, or are they always in the same quadrant and location no matter where you look?

It's like a few pop up and diss appear. After the first time I fainted in Oct 2017, I started seeing stars on a regular basis along with hand tingling. They don't always happen at the same time. Maybe it was happening before my first faint and I just became hyper aware of my body after that? I don't know.

It's just like seeing color specs come and go. It doesn't last long. When I was working I use to probably see them at least once a day or every other day. Now that I'm not working at the moment, I don't see them as often. I spend a lot of time resting. Not sure if I answered your question correctly.

I have floaters or colors in my vision right before I pass out - they go away if I lie down in time … or pass out.  I believe that certain vision changes can be a sign of presyncope.