Symptoms Worsening Throughout The Day?

Eraena

My symptoms seems to gradually build up throughout the day. In the morning I feel "alright" - symptoms are mild, but as the day goes on, symptoms start to intensify. I start to have increased lightheadedness along with pounding headaches on standing and nausea.

Does anyone know why this happens, and how to deal with it?

In my case I also do best in the morning and become useless toward mid-afternoon. I believe this is due to the amount of energy our bodies have to use up trying to keep us upright and functioning. I am well controlled on medications and am doing well ( considering the diagnosis ) but I still have to plan my day around my symptoms. It is important to listen to our bodies and not fight them - if you get worse later in the day then try to rest in the afternoons. I take Ritalin in the morning which gives me an energy boost and stops fatigue so I can do what I have to do in the mornings and after lunch I am "retired".  All appointments etc have to be scheduled for mornings or I cannot attend. Your lightheadedness might be due to pushing through your symptoms - try to schedule less demanding activities for the afternoon and do the more challenging things in the morning. --- Be good to yourself - and be well!

I'm usually rough when I first wake up (very low BP/pulse).  Once my BP starts to rise, I'm able to get out of bed and function.  I usually try to do light meals during the daytime and save my main meal for dinner, as a heavy meal will absolutely exhaust me in ~30-60 minutes after eating.   As the day goes on and I get more tired, I become more symptomatic.  Sometimes by the time I get back home/to the hotel from work, I'm looking for the nearest horizontal surface to lie down on.  At that point even the floor looks good.  

If I pace myself throughout the day, taking little breaks here & there, I'm able to last the full day.  If I'm going the full time, I run out of steam mid-afternoon.  I've also sometimes been able to stave off an energy lull by walking for a bit, BUT I have to catch it early, otherwise this becomes the exact opposite of what I should be doing and I quickly go downhill.