For hyper pots people those who get adrenaline storms

Outaker

I used to be on methyldopa as well, as well as several BB's, pyridostigmine, Midodrin and more. What helped me most was adding a calcium channel blocker ( I am on Diltiazem ). The combination of Carvelidol and Ditiazem seems to have improved my severe surges. 

1 hour ago, p8d said:

I have taken both methyldopa and clonidine.  Methyldopa is smoother but clonidine lowers my BP better.  Methyldopa has a longer half life.  Clonidine comes in a patch.  We all react differently to meds so unfortunately experimentation is required.

I’m scared of the rebound with Methyldopa 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, aelizabeth3300 said:

The beta blocker propranolol mostly worked for me. It didn't completely stop the surges, but it made them less frequent and less severe when I had them. Unfortunately now I can't take beta blockers as I have an AV block. They prescribed ivabradine. I haven't started taking it yet. 

What is an AV block and what's the purpose? I'm suffering from an adrenaline storm now. It's a daily thing now. The suffering is real.

32 minutes ago, Derek1987 said:

What is an AV block and what's the purpose? I'm suffering from an adrenaline storm now. It's a daily thing now. The suffering is real.

Atrioventricular block. It is a condition where some electrical impulses don't pass through from the atria into the ventricles. Beta blockers affect the AV node (they affect the whole heart), so beta blockers can worsen that condition.