Anyone feel like there suffocating ?

Hutch

I’ve been having this suffocation feeling that use to come and go, now it lasting longer  Worse with laying flat down. It’s not like the out of breath from say running. But like I’m breathing fine, but my body feels like I’m holding my breath. I have good blood oxygen saturation levels usely 93 percent. I also have pressure sensation in chest feels like I’m standing in a swimming pool of water above my chest. Witch is also worse when laying down. Have a cardiologist appointment next month. Witch I made three months ago. I hope to get some answers then. But it seems to keep getting worse. On no meds, no anxiety with it, When it’s come on eating, talking, seem like hard task. It’s one symptom that about to get on my last d*** nerve. Had it for a week straight now today I can breath better. Here the wierd part is seems to be bad for couple days after iv had a orgasm, even if I do that very quickly, comes on a with in a hour after that, comes every time following that not to mention other symptoms get worse, can anyone relate and what is the cause? 

5 hours ago, Outaker said:

hutch 93% oxygen saturation is not that good does is stay or drop lower? Have you discussed with your doctor

When it first started, I went to my family doctor, she didn’t seem concerned about it, but when at doctor office, my oxygen level was reading higher 97 percent, but I’m going set a appointment up tomorrow, it comes on every time I try to do anything, iv noticed the higher my heart rate the lower my oxygen seems to be, but haven’t seen it drop below 92 percent and still feel it when at 97 percent so I don’t know, but it for sure comes with being up right and very little activity, I’m starting to wonder how well my heart is pumping, I work with my heart rate always 120 or above for about 4 years seen in 160 for couple hours at a time, Manual labored trades is all I knew so I took the it won’t kill you saying to heart, and just push on and let me heart beat as fast as it wanted. I wish I could go back and not have did that lol, heart disease also runs on my dads side, h*** he just had bypass surgery last Monday, I’ll find out something hopefully, 

1 hour ago, Hutch said:

When it first started, I went to my family doctor, she didn’t seem concerned about it, but when at doctor office, my oxygen level was reading higher 97 percent, but I’m going set a appointment up tomorrow, it comes on every time I try to do anything, iv noticed the higher my heart rate the lower my oxygen seems to be, but haven’t seen it drop below 92 percent and still feel it when at 97 percent so I don’t know, but it for sure comes with being up right and very little activity, I’m starting to wonder how well my heart is pumping, I work with my heart rate always 120 or above for about 4 years seen in 160 for couple hours at a time, Manual labored trades is all I knew so I took the it won’t kill you saying to heart, and just push on and let me heart beat as fast as it wanted. I wish I could go back and not have did that lol, heart disease also runs on my dads side, h*** he just had bypass surgery last Monday, I’ll find out something hopefully, 

Are you a smoker?

No but use to drive a company van with 10 other guys who were chain smokers 4 hours a day, two hours to work and two hours home, it was like driving a bar on wheels lol that’s all the smoking I ever did was second hand. I also had mechanic shop at home so was around fumes that come with that i also. Bought and fixed wrecked cars, witch auto paint is a neurotoxin but I always wore a respirator, but since getting in bad, shape I wish I could go back and not missed with that either, it still sokes in you skin and gets in your blood stream, I was  diagnosed with dysautonomia at 15 so I was so use to feeling sick everyday, me getting worse was slowly happening by the time I got were I’m at, it was to late.

On 1/29/2019 at 1:59 AM, Hutch said:

iv noticed the higher my heart rate the lower my oxygen seems to be,

As far as I know, 93% is not an okay O2%. It should be 97% or higher, though some will say down to 95% is okay, depending where you live.

In my opinion, the reason your heart rate is higher the lower your O2 is, is because it's a compensatory measure. I think the lower your oxygen saturation is, the faster your heart will beat to try and accommodate the loss of oxygen to your body. So, the low O2 is likely what is driving your high heart rate, not the other way around. I feel there are many things that could be causing this - anything from low hemoglobin to heart disease to lung disease to sleep apnea to a dysautonomia fluke.

3 hours ago, df3121 said:

As far as I know, 93% is not an okay O2%. It should be 97% or higher, though some will say down to 95% is okay, depending where you live.

In my opinion, the reason your heart rate is higher the lower your O2 is, is because it's a compensatory measure. I think the lower your oxygen saturation is, the faster your heart will beat to try and accommodate the loss of oxygen to your body. So, the low O2 is likely what is driving your high heart rate, not the other way around. I feel there are many things that could be causing this - anything from low hemoglobin to heart disease to lung disease to sleep apnea to a dysautonomia fluke.

I feel strange while laying down to go to sleep wierd sensation in chest I wonder if I could be having some kind of arrhythmia or stomach problem. For past week I wake up feeling drugged a odd feeling num like and short of breath. I been thinking about going to the hospital, but with all the flu in ky right now. I don’t think it’s worth the chance. Just to get blown off by e.r doctors. I never know when I’m sick making me feel worse or if it’s dysautonomia. so holding out for this cardiologist, I like be sure it’s not heart related. My pots symptom never takes a break. So my heart has seen hours of high heart rate. One thing I do know is I’m getting worse not better, lol all I know is it is what it is, but I’d sure like to know What that is is. Lol 

I get the same sensations you describe. My number one symptom since day one (over 3 years now) has been breathing issues. I feel like the bottom 1/3 of my lungs don't work right. I have had the sensations you describe with O2 numbers of 97 or higher. Lowest I have ever had is 95. Treating my POTS with my medication has seemed to ease the breathing issues. But I still have bad days. Honestly mine never goes away. I smoke and originally the doctors tried to say it was my smoking and anxiety. (I had to request a TTT to prove my POTS). The thing that has helped me the most: salt and vitamin water. If you have to eat a fingertip of Salt straight from your shaker (normal table salt seemed better). I used to eat French fries or tator tots dipped in salt. The vitamin water I would drink is the "revive" one. It has extra potassium in it. Usually this won't cure the breathing issues immediately but I would go to sleep and wake up feeling loads better. Good luck and make sure you see a pulmonologist to rule out lung issues. Heart and lungs are closely effected. 

3 hours ago, StayAtHomeMom said:

I get the same sensations you describe. My number one symptom since day one (over 3 years now) has been breathing issues. I feel like the bottom 1/3 of my lungs don't work right. I have had the sensations you describe with O2 numbers of 97 or higher. Lowest I have ever had is 95. Treating my POTS with my medication has seemed to ease the breathing issues. But I still have bad days. Honestly mine never goes away. I smoke and originally the doctors tried to say it was my smoking and anxiety. (I had to request a TTT to prove my POTS). The thing that has helped me the most: salt and vitamin water. If you have to eat a fingertip of Salt straight from your shaker (normal table salt seemed better). I used to eat French fries or tator tots dipped in salt. The vitamin water I would drink is the "revive" one. It has extra potassium in it. Usually this won't cure the breathing issues immediately but I would go to sleep and wake up feeling loads better. Good luck and make sure you see a pulmonologist to rule out lung issues. Heart and lungs are closely effected. 

I eat table salt straight and drink nothing but water, 4 to 6 bottles of water a day, not counting one Gatorade I drink when I wake up. I do all I can to feel better but my body just won’t get on board with it. Have you ever tryed oxygen with the shortness off breath? I’m  curious if it would relieve the feeling. If it does wouldn’t that mean clearly we’re not getting enough oxygen? 

On 1/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, Hutch said:

I eat table salt straight and drink nothing but water, 4 to 6 bottles of water a day, not counting one Gatorade I drink when I wake up. I do all I can to feel better but my body just won’t get on board with it. Have you ever tryed oxygen with the shortness off breath? I’m  curious if it would relieve the feeling. If it does wouldn’t that mean clearly we’re not getting enough oxygen? 

In theory it could work. I have never tried because my O2 levels have always been fine. DO NOT USE ASTHMA MEDICATION. They kept saying I had asthma and they kept giving me albuterol. Kept making it worse. Found out later it was because it was jacking up my HR. One thing that was odd that would sometimes work was eating Rolaids. The one with gas relief. It has some extra magnesium. Not sure why it would help. But I remember calling my ask a nurse hotline and while I was talking to her I ate one and by the time I was done I didn't feel the need to go to the ER anymore. *shrug* I chalk it up to my body is weird. Good luck and I hope you have some relief soon. Seriously try the revive vitamin water. It makes a difference vs Gatorade. 

2 hours ago, yogini said:

Many people here do have allergies or asthma which is separate from dysautonomia. I’d get this checked out sooner than 3 months if you can.

Have a appointment this coming  Monday with a cardiologist that was made three months ago. I hope to get a full work up on my heart. If that checks out i believe it’s related to dysautonomia,