After you faint/pass out/Collapse

I was wondering if I was abnormal or if there are other patients out there with POTS that experience the same thing that I'm experiencing after I collapse....

I lose control of all my limbs (ie neck, legs, arms), as well as speech ability for about two minutes then when my speech comes back but it will be slurred for about 10-20 mintues (sometimes longer). I'm also usually confused and have a hard time talking and condination my hand and legs (it will take anywhere between 45 mintues to 3 hours for this to return). My eyes also will keep roll back into my head.

During this time I have to stay flat or near flat or I will collaspe or faint/passout again. I have a really hard time breathing and will hypervinate easily. I feel like my whole body is not getting oxygen even though I'm breathing. I'm really weak the whole time.

I call it being loopy. It will happen whether in vertical position or too relaxed sitting or laying down. It's brought on also when people mess with my neck area or shoulders to much.

:) Hi! When I collapse it tends to follow with a seizure of unknown diagnosis. However when I come round I lose all sensation on the left side of my body and am unable to control left leg and arm or place weight gain on them, this usually takes about 1-2hrs to subside.

yes definately sounds like what happens to me but my longest recovery times has actually been months. seems like once I have a bad occurance I can't get myself back to normal, or my normal anyway :)

deeplyset -

i don't have your exact experience after passing out but it definitely takes me awhile to recoup. it varies a lot for me but is never immediate any more (years ago...when i was first diagnosed with NCS, my recovery was more often than not super quick). i also find that if i try to push too much recovery-wise, i.e. try to get up & about sooner than my body is ready, i'm asking to end up on the ground again.

:-)melissa

hi deeplyset,

my faints sound exactly like yours, usually takes me about 40 minutes to recover (on a good day) but then after the 4o minutes i have to sleep cos my arms and legs don't feel right and i get very confused and upset.

they thought i had cataplexy at first because i couldn't move after fainting and my eyes would be glazed and my speech slurred, like i'm drunk!! :rolleyes:

This is so relieve to hear! I thought something was really wrong with me becuase it was getting so sick after a "loppy" spell. I also takes me days to recover back to my "normal".

Thanks everyone for your sharing your experiences! They help me feel like I'm not alone and that there's always someone out there that has it worst...

Thank you!

Hi,

When I pass out it usually takes me a day or 2 to recover. I have "seizure" like activity too but its actually a agal response which looks like a seizure. I go right to bed, usually crawl and sleep.

Janine