Tremors

Timbo

I just got done working in the yard moving dirt and tamping a scar in the ground down. I worked pretty hard and now my hands feel weird, sorta numb and are my thmub and other fingers are shaking when I try to use the mouse on my computer and a few other tasks. It will go away in an hour or so.

As I wrote this it has settled down a good deal. It only lasts an hour and goes away.

Does anyone else have this problem? What causes it? Is the the nervous system being stressed?

I get this also. I'm beginning to think our systems are "hypersensitive" and our autonomic system over-reacts to various stimuli that it is receiving.

I get the hand shaking and numbness when I am at the computer too long. In my case, the problem is usually in my neck so that's where I concentrate heat or ice or rubbing some kind of ointment that smells so bad the dogs run for cover.

My "yard work" today consisted of me sitting in a chair by a small water garden in my back yard :-) Sounds like you were MUCH more productive!! Kudos.

EM

I don't know what happened to you, but I can tell you that I work out 3 x a week in the gym and after about the third weight exercise on the same body part, that body part gets shaky. After I am done with my leg workout (5 different weight machines), I have jelly legs all the way to the locker room, the car and sometimes for a while after getting home. For me it has to do with exhausting the muscles.

Michigan Jan

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with these tremors. I almost always have tremors when I flex or extend a muscle such as biceps. It is kind of like a muscle jutter or sputter. Also I have difficulty with walking, esp if I have done a lot . My legs are weak, shakey and don't want to work. Do others get these symptoms?

Dawn

Me too. Just last night I was trying to relax on the couch and I was biting my nails (bad habit I know) but I realized my hand was tremoring sporadically. It was strange. I've also had times when my legs will shake (one example...while sitting down, if I lift my heel up and the only part of my foot that is resting on the floor is the top part and my toes.....my leg will shutter about sometimes).

I was going to start a new thread to ask this question today, but it is pretty much related to what others are saying here so I will post it here.

Sometimes lately I have noticed this sensation in my legs I can only describe as like tension. It isn't exactly tightness and it isn't exactly cramping...it is just an odd sensation of I guess a mixture of these things...like they are fighting themselves to relax.

I have for years very sporadically experienced extremely bad leg aches sometimes that feel like an aching right into the bones but this is different. I also moreso lately have much more aching in my shoulders and low back and legs that I've started to wonder about fibromyalgia and stuff but then I just push it out of my mind and take ibuprofen. My sister has MS and my mother has chronic fatigue and my other sister has fibromyalgia....it gives me reason to wonder but I don't want to know in some ways sometimes but I realize not knowing doesn't make it go away...but then I've learned that knowing doesn't make it go away either (POTS) so what would be the point of more tests.

Anyway, strange sensations...wow I never cease to be amazed that I am not the only one in the world who feels these things.

This happens to me, too. It happens when I do a lot of lifting or bending over. I have to be careful when I brush my teeth because if I stay bent over the sink for any length of time I will start to get trembly. I have also noticed that the blood pools in my legs a lot more in this position, which makes me suspect that less blood is getting to my upper body and more catecholamines are being dumped into my system as a result (and maybe they are causing the trembles?).

Michelle

I have this problem. When I had my TTT they had to give me isuprel, that set off my POTS symptoms immediately. I went into complete body shakes. I didn't think my legs would hold me for the 30 minutes that they wanted me to stand there. I kept telling the cardiologist that my legs were weak and I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I went through such blood pressure swings from low to high and the tachycardia. It wasn't easy but I made it.

Later I got my medical records and it said that my TTT was positive for POTS and that I tolerated the procedure well. No mention of the complete body tremors and weak legs.

Oh Well! No Credit for the endurance I withstood.

• 2 weeks later...