Florinef shortage?

Clb75

Has anyone had trouble getting florinef? I tried to pick it up today and was told there’s a shortage. Only two manufacturers make it, one is temporarily unavailable and the other is on back order. I’m a little concerned to hear that and was wondering if others had run into this? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had trouble getting it last month too. I would be in much worse shape without it. I haven’t heard anything about the shortage or when it will be over with. I hope your son will find it somewhere. I had to keep calling different pharmacies until I found one that could fill it. 

Liquorice root powder has similar actions to Florinef. I know it's not an ideal solution and it may not work for everyone, but if times got really desperate it would be worth a try. Unlike Florinef, liquorice is easy to stop taking. No tapering off needed. It's worked really well for my daughter. She's been on it for about 9 months now as we've been trying to avoid Florinef if we could. 

I also have run into this but was able to find a pharmacy that had some. I usually get a 3 month fill but Was only able to get 1 month.  My cardio is starting me on Northera and we are hoping to cut down or stop the Florinef.