Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FileTrekker

Bisoprolol

Hey all,

My doctor has given me 1.25mg of Bisoprolol beta blocker to address my PoTS and ectopic beats. I'm a bit worried about taking them as I do get resting bradycardia at times, see my HR go as low as 49, normally between 50-55bpm in the evenings for example.

Has anyone else tried Bisoprolol with existing bradycardia, did it do any harm? Also how did you find it? Bit nervous about taking it but doctors seem to think its such a low dose it wont slow my heart down much, but reading online seems to suggest otherwise.

I am not sure about bisoprolol but I also had bradycardia at times and it did get slightly worse on metoprolol and Bystolic but since I take carvelidol I no longer have bradycardia and my tachycardia and palpitations are improved. So I think that some beta blockers will work for intermittent bradycardia and tachycardia whereas in my case some made it worse. 

I haven't tried that beta blocker. Metoperlol is what works for me. I generally do not have bradycardia issues. I average 65 while sleeping. I have hit lower but only once and that was before I started metoperlol. Make sure the medication is short acting and give it a try. Doctors won't prescribe something if they don't think the benefits outweigh the risks. Plus our bodies can react oddly so it may work better than expected, or worse. Won't know til you try.