Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lamp_girl

Hyperpots episodes after exercise?

I've been exercising at night, and on nights when I exercise, I'll wake up in the middle of the night with what I believe to be a huge adrenaline increase. It's not immediate-- it sets in several hours later I guess. Does this happen with anyone else? Would decreasing my exercise help?

I would stop exercising at night. When you do so your adrenaline increases ( this is a desired effect ) but in many POTS people it does not go down as quickly as in normal people. So when you go to bed your levels normally decrease after 3 hours so you can go into REM sleep. Due to the exercises your adrenaline levels are still so high that instead of falling deeper asleep you become right awake. I used to have this happen to me as well ( just without the exercise ). I am more energetic in the mornings so I do all my work then. Afternoon I start taking it easy and am less able to do things. When 7 pm cames I am so fatigues that I usually go right to bed. Since being inactive closer to bedtime I sleep much better and no longer get the adrenaline rushes you describe.