Do benzodiazapines (Ativan) help with mast cell stuff?

lamp_girl

I'm so new to this I don't know what mast cell is. but when I was taken to the hospital from work from near fainting, I was so distressed because I was fighting the fainting. I begged for anxiety meds. They gave me Ativan 1mg through the IV. It stopped the fainting and I actually fell asleep for a few minutes. My heart rate was 156. My blood pressure was like 160s over 110s I think.

I've been taking benadryl for like 5 years to go to sleep . I was exhausted and still needed it to sleep. Now I'm finding out about this adrenaline over production stuff so I guess that's why I needed the benadryl. But since my last trip to the hospital, taking benadryl makes me super sick. Can't explain it. But I have Xanax now thank God. Sorry I don't have an answer for you but just trying to figure things out together. This is new territory for me.

If you read Dr. Afrin’s (a leader in evaluating and treating MCAS) book on mast cell issues he prescribes klonopin for many of his patients. Supposedly it works better than other Benzoes for this issues, although obviously other types have helped people as you can see by the responses. I would encourage you to read his book (can find on amazon).