Legs burning as if I'm exercising

Derek1987

Sorry I make a lot of topics. Just trying to collect all the information and knowledge I can so I can help myself and my doctor figure things out. 

I've been out of work since September. My job consisted of me walking and being on my feet 95 percent of the day. A normal work day for me is 8 to 10 hours. 

Since my last fainting episode in September, I noticed sometimes my thighs and calf muscles burn as if I've been exercising. Usually when you exercise you get the burning feeling and when you stop, the burn goes away shortly after. I just carried in some groceries and my thighs and calf muscles have been burning for about 45 mins to an hour. I can also feel my calf muscles with a pulse. 

What do you guys make of that? 

I think I might have something slightly similar. My muscles constantly feel like I've "overworked"  (for lack of a better term) them. They get sore and tender to the touch. Sometimes the legs but not always. Sometimes it's back, or abdomen, or intercostals, etc... Idk if I'm using or hurting them and then just totally forget because of my ridiculous brain fog or what. Lol Do yours feel like they would during a workout or like the aftermath of a workout? 

3 minutes ago, potsiebarbie said:

I think I might have something slightly similar. My muscles constantly feel like I've "overworked"  (for lack of a better term) them. They get sore and tender to the touch. Sometimes the legs but not always. Sometimes it's back, or abdomen, or intercostals, etc... Idk if I'm using or hurting them and then just totally forget because of my ridiculous brain fog or what. Lol Do yours feel like they would during a workout or like the aftermath of a workout? 

They burn as if I'm currently working out. It's like if you were doing push-ups and it starts getting harder and your arms start burning. Or doing crunches and the more you do, the more it burns. I can still feel it now. Not as intense. 

I get this randomly. BUT...my right calf muscle feels sore like post workout. Like a muscle that hasn't been worked in awhile. It's always my right calf. This started maybe 3 months ago. It'll be sore for a couple days then go away. Then randomly come back. Idk what the heck is going on.

I get this burning at PT after I've been on the hardest balance board for several minutes. The PT doctor told me to get on the bike and pedal as fast as I can without resistance--it works like a charm to get circulation back into my legs which takes away the pain. We've now added this fast biking as my last step in the PT workout--it's great.

30 minutes ago, WinterSown said:

I get this burning at PT after I've been on the hardest balance board for several minutes. The PT doctor told me to get on the bike and pedal as fast as I can without resistance--it works like a charm to get circulation back into my legs which takes away the pain. We've now added this fast biking as my last step in the PT workout--it's great.

I don't suffer any pain other than the normal wear and tear I've done to myself. I don't need pain meds or anything. I'm just getting the burning sensation as if I'm in the middle of exercising but I'm not doing anything. I can feel it in my thighs right now. 

You have pots? And pain is another symptom of it? I'm glad I have this forum to go to for knowledge. Doctors only spend so much time with you.

9 hours ago, Derek1987 said:

I don't suffer any pain other than the normal wear and tear I've done to myself. I don't need pain meds or anything. I'm just getting the burning sensation as if I'm in the middle of exercising but I'm not doing anything. I can feel it in my thighs right now. 

You have pots? And pain is another symptom of it? I'm glad I have this forum to go to for knowledge. Doctors only spend so much time with you.

Once in a blue moon  my numbers look like POTS, I have VVS and OI with Drop Attacks, Vertigo and Dyssnergia. My EP calls it my NeuroCardioVasoVagulyThing.

Pain is a big symptom, I have blood pooling and wicked bad paresthesia. A lot of OTC pain meds--aspirins work great but don't last too long. Naproxy sodium works better but without omeprazole it bothers my stomach. Fortunately my doctors are all on board Team Trudi, yay!, it is very well established that I am a dysautonomic trying to get better. They're all aware I do advocacy so we have great discussions because they know I've studied and I am sincere. This, to me, was one of the most important tools in getting respect and some extra minutes from my doctors. I keep them appraised of my studies and what's new in the world of management and care for dysautonomic patients. Show your doctors you are studying and making a herculean effort to get better and they talk to you about it. For care, that's a win.

I had this as well and still continue to have it from time to time. But for me, it’s aggravated by too much salt and what position I’m laying in. It might be nerve related. Be aware of what position you are laying in and see if changing it helps. It you noticed you had a high salt intake that day, try reducing it and see if it helps. 

They sell cooling socks on amazon, it doesn’t help the entire leg but definitely helps the feet. I also use mint essential oil and spray it on my legs to give a cooling sensation. 

Feel better