Got the dreaded diagnosis and off to the doctor

My dear Lois,

I am now caught up pretty much on more recent posts, and just starting to look back at a series of posts that I missed during a couple of weeks of being completely out of it...

Yours was one of the posts that I missed...

I wanted to pull it back up and let you know that I am thinking of you and will continue to think of you...

When is your surgery? And when do you start radiation? Please let us know so that we can send extra healing thoughts your way at that time...

I am sure you are not too keen on surgery in and of itself just b/c of the whole recent GB experience! Ugh! Didn't we discuss no more surgery forever with this POTS stuff???? <_< Sorry, an attempt at humor.

I think Steph would highly recommend Zofran for nausea...it's her new favorite drug of choice! :P

I am so sorry that you are going through this...it just seems like retirement wasn't supposed to be hitting you with a breast cancer diagnosis, you know??? I do hope this will be a 'bump in the road' and you will soon be looking at is another 'experience' along with the craziness that was the post GB surgery...it sounds like you have a plan for treatment worked out and hopefully you will tolerate the surgery and the radiation as well as can be expected from us POTsies...

Please post here and keep us updated on what is going on...especially when you need a lift and a bit of extra courage and support...we're here. ALWAYS. We won't forget you. And, I myself have a SUPER SIZED jewish worry gene, so you had better post or i'll be up nights (more than I already am now!)...

Hugs to you and many healing thoughts...

Love, Emily

My dear Lois,

I am now caught up pretty much on more recent posts, and just starting to look back at a series of posts that I missed during a couple of weeks of being completely out of it...

Yours was one of the posts that I missed...

I wanted to pull it back up and let you know that I am thinking of you and will continue to think of you...

When is your surgery? And when do you start radiation? Please let us know so that we can send extra healing thoughts your way at that time...

I am sure you are not too keen on surgery in and of itself just b/c of the whole recent GB experience! Ugh! Didn't we discuss no more surgery forever with this POTS stuff???? :) Sorry, an attempt at humor.

I think Steph would highly recommend Zofran for nausea...it's her new favorite drug of choice! :huh:

I am so sorry that you are going through this...it just seems like retirement wasn't supposed to be hitting you with a breast cancer diagnosis, you know??? I do hope this will be a 'bump in the road' and you will soon be looking at is another 'experience' along with the craziness that was the post GB surgery...it sounds like you have a plan for treatment worked out and hopefully you will tolerate the surgery and the radiation as well as can be expected from us POTsies...

Please post here and keep us updated on what is going on...especially when you need a lift and a bit of extra courage and support...we're here. ALWAYS. We won't forget you. And, I myself have a SUPER SIZED jewish worry gene, so you had better post or i'll be up nights (more than I already am now!)...

Hugs to you and many healing thoughts...

Love, Emily

Thanks to all my POTS friends. I am indeed very anxious. The surgery was supposed to be last Wednesday. But, when my PCP found out it was being done in the hospital's out-patient surgery center which is off campus, she said no.no, it had to be done in a traditional setting because of POTS. Now it is scheduled for August 3--the waiting is terrible. I am also waiting to hear back from my cardiologist to see whether my pacemaker needs to be moved because the pacemaker is on the "bad" side. Keep thinking good thoughts!

Emily--your jewish worry genes are certainly shared by me. And, imagine this--my daughter Evie is in Israel until September 26 and then she moves to London for a year. What more can a Jewish mother handle?

Have a great day every!

Hi Lois, I know the waiting is hard, but I'm sure your pcp had your best interest at heart and did the right thing! I will be thinking of you on the 3rd and hoping everything goes well. Also with the radiation afterwards. Like Emily said I do highly recommend Zofran for nausea, I'm sure you're (sadly) about to experience plenty of that. :)

Please take care of yourself, and keep us updated if you have the strength, again, my thoughts are with you. Good Luck with your surgery.

Take Care

-Steph

Hi Lois,

I am really sorry. Thought I'h answer your post and just this morning I found out that I didn't. So, I want to wish you all the best tomorrow and know that I'll be thiking about you. I hope that, knowing that we all care about you and keep our fingers crossed for a full recovery, helps you a bit.

Warm wishes,

Corina

Guest Julia59

Goldicedance,

I'm sorry to see you go through all of this.

Stay strong---i'll know you will be OK.

I'll be praying for everything to turn out OK tomorrow.

Blessings to you,

Julie :0)

Guest Mary from OH

Lois-

God sent you to me today. I have not been able to be on the board for weeks because of major family crises. But I felt in my heart I HAD to make time for 10 minutes today. Now I KNOW why. I'll bet you are in surgery now. Know that you WILL be OK. Give it all to GOD!! I will keep you in my prayers. I know that cancer can be a scary thing. Early detection is the key and now that they know about it. They will take care of it!!! Everything else will fall into place!! Try to relax, do a lot of inspirational reading when you feel up to it. BE POSITIVE!! And most of all, try to LAUGH!! They have shown that laughter is a wonderful medicine!! Watch comedies on tv! Watch funny movies!! You will pull through this! We'll help you!! Have someone update us if you're not up to it!! They can be your official typer and you can dictate!!

My love, strength and peace to you my dear friend!! You are now on your road to recovery!! May it be filled with only small bumps along the way!!

Love you!!