Rogaine worsening POTS?

green

Thanks, dancer65. I own some infrared lights, and I might use them on my head instead of rogaine. 

Interestingly: I bought infrared lights a long time ago because of the research on LLLT and cognitive enhancement. I thought LLLT would help with my brain fog. I would use the lights all over my body too - because of the research suggesting it can enhance your mitochondrial functioning. I had some mixed results, and now I wonder if the reason why is because infrared is a vasodialator. Maybe it was just too much vasodialation.  

The drug that helps me the MOST remains nicotine. And I understand that is a vasocostrictor, so I may have more of a problem with constriction. I also have the worst symptoms in the heat.

I could not find hypotension listed as a side effect of topical rogaine. It may be that I'm hyper-sensitive. I think that I am a slow metabolizer of toxins, since this is common among caucasians and since a small dosage of coffee can keep me awake 8-12 hours later. 

Well, previous to stopping the rogaine, I talked to my doctor about how much worse things have been for me and we made a plan. I'm going to stick with it, since this improvement could be an aberration: I'm still going to get an EKG tomorrow and then try taking time-release mestinon.  My understanding is that mestinon provides some vasoconstriction. I'm mostly hoping it will help me deal with exercise intolerance so I can go back to running and biking, 

Super-cold where I am right now and I'm still having my usual winter blues: hard to get motivated, attention-span is impaired, BUT...it's NOTHING like the general loss of muscle tone and vitality I had a week ago. 

Yes it does lower BP in its generic form minoxodil was used as a blood pressure drug , I think it was in the 80s it was noticed that it prevented further hair loss .

I take midodrine which has definatly helped with the exercise intolerance but it has been a long slow process to see improvements . 

I hear you I hate the winter I just want to hibernate or cuddle up in a blanket with a hot water bottle ! 

Stay warm and good luck tomorrow x

>Yes it does lower BP in its generic form minoxodil was used as a blood pressure drug , I think it was in the 80s it was noticed that it prevented further hair loss 

But my understanding was that it is a blood pressure drug when administered orally. Topically, one would hope the effects would be local instead of systemic. 

Out of curiosity do you have bald patches or just thinning hair? If it is just thinning try Doo Gro. It is a black hair product that I used to use to help thicken my hair. I used the mega thickening condition once a week. My hair hadn't grew in length for years and in six months it went from the middle of my back to my hips. They have a whole line.