1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D Elevated

The results of a recent blood test showed that my 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D level was elevated. The reference range is 15.9 - 55.6 pg/ml. Mine was 92.0 pg/ml. Does anyone know the significance (if there is any) of it being elevated? I've been searching all night on the internet and can't seem to find much and my doctors just brushed past it without an explanation.

Thanks

Bren

Hi,

This is what I found in one of my book:

Evaluate vitamine D deficiency as cause of osteopenia. Its role includes investigation of the differential diagnosis of disorders of calcium and phosphorus metabolism; investigate diseases of bone including osteopenia, osteomalacia, and rickets. work up malabsorption.

Limitation: Values vary with exposure to sunlight.

Ernie

I didn't get a chance to read through these items fully, but I hope you can find something useful here. It seems as though high vitamin D levels can be associated with thyroid problems (which can also cause pots-like symptoms) as well as some kindey issues, kidney stones, etc.

http://courses.washington.edu/bonephys/opvitD.html

http://www.labcorp.com/datasets/labcorp/ht...no/sr004500.htm

Thanks for the websites Mightymouse. The first one had a lot of good info. I need to find a awesome endocrinologist. Today I asked my doctor about seeing an edocrinologist and he didn't see the need. Well, hello, I would like some resolution to some of the issues I'm dealing with currently!

Thanks for the info Ernie. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis in February. Just one more thing to add to my repotroire.

Bren