Feeling better after Gallbladder surgery.

blizzard2014

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my GB was the culprit of causing all of my stomach and bowel issues. So far, 1 week after GB removal, my stomach is much, much better. But I am also on 40 mgs a day of Pepcid and 8 mgs of Zofran every 8 hours for nausea. I am going to the bathroom every morning and once at night, almost like clockwork. No liquid movements either. No fowl smelling movements. No more weird colored stools, no more constipation so far. I don't have to take anything for constipation and all is well. I'm on an extremely low fat diet. I eat under 5 grams of fat per meal. Breakfast is 1 banana, half an apple, apple sauce, and a glass of apple juice. Lunch is apple sauce. Dinner has been 3 pieces of celery with fat free cream cheese on them, half an apple, 1 apple sauce, and a small 98 percent fat free ham sandwich. I have veggie burgers to try tomorrow night. 1 veggie burger, celery sticks, half an apple, and some fat free home cut and oven baked potato fries. I will even dip them in fat fee ranch dressing. I'm still under 1000 calories a day and have already lost 5 pounds in 1 week. I have frozen cod fish to eat next week with fat free rice. I am marinating boneless skinless chicken breasts to put the into a huge stir fry dish and then will be sealing and freezing that into at least 7 separate meals. All low fat. I will be taking Oxe bile to replace lost bile from not having a GB, and digestive gold digestive enzymes to break down fat when I go on a higher fat diet, or if I misbehave and eat a pizza. Next week, I will try coffee again with non-fat milk. If I do go back to eating some higher fat foods, it will only be a couple times a week. This healthy food gig is kind of good and I want to lose another 28 pounds and get back under 200 pounds. Already, I have not had to use any insulin at all, not even with eating 20 grams of carbs last night in the bread for the sandwich. I only need my Metformin. I can really dig this. The POTS is still on full overdrive though, but I am managing with less Clonidine since I am not on my feet much recovering from surgery. I really pray that Gastro is not the issue. But throwing up undigested food 12 hours after eating is not pure GB. Throwing up right after eating is. I think I threw up because of the pain from the GB attacks and there was slot gut motility due to huge chunks of undigested foods. I hope the removal of the GB and also using digestive enzymes will fix that issue. Any how, I hope the rest of you all are doing well. 

J

Way to go @blizzard2014 - great how you are sticking to the new diet! You make it almost sound like I want to come over for dinner! I am happy this working so well for you. You must feel more energetic with such a healthy diet - and the improved blood sugar levels should really help with you feeling better too. Don't worry about the worsening POTS symptoms - that is completely normal after surgery, it took me a long time to go back to my "normal" abnormalities when I had surgery. Just take it easy, do a little more every day and continue the good job of taking good care of yourself! Be well!

New diets can be hard but sometimes it has unexpected results. I started the keto diet about a month ago. I am losing weight and inches (very excited) but also my bowel movements have straightened themselves out. I am very excited that my bathroom trips are less erratic. 

I am glad that they found one thing to help you out. Sometimes just getting rid of a symptom or two can make the rest more bareable. Hope you heal quickly :D