Minor Infections Causing Big Problems?

DAB19

Back in late August, I got a small nail bed infection - I paid little attention to it for about two weeks until it started throbbing and turning purple, at that time I also noticed my tachycardia was acting up more than usual. This week I noticed that the infection is back, in another finger and my tachycardia is acting up again (Luckily, this time around I think I've identified the culprit... my nail clipper, so I tossed it.) I know more substantial infections can increase POTS symptoms but can small infections also? I have a doctor's appointment tonight, but I don't think she'll notice the correlation (if there is any)... so has Anybody else had similar experiences? Thanks in advance for the help.

I totally believe that even smaller infections can put enough stress on your body to trigger symptoms of POTS. And two in a row are not that small either! Whenever I get even the sniffles for just a day I pay for it with worsening symptoms, even needing IV fluids to get me back on track. Sorry to hear this happened to you - just rest and hang in there! I hate it too when a little thing like that causes this and then we have to slowly recondition all over again! Frustrating! Wishing you quick healing! 

3 hours ago, DAB19 said:

Back in late August, I got a small nail bed infection - I paid little attention to it for about two weeks until it started throbbing and turning purple, at that time I also noticed my tachycardia was acting up more than usual. This week I noticed that the infection is back, in another finger and my tachycardia is acting up again (Luckily, this time around I think I've identified the culprit... my nail clipper, so I tossed it.) I know more substantial infections can increase POTS symptoms but can small infections also? I have a doctor's appointment tonight, but I don't think she'll notice the correlation (if there is any)... so has Anybody else had similar experiences? Thanks in advance for the help.

As far as I know it's common for any kind of infection or virus to increase HR. It's your body's way of trying to pump it's white blood cells around the body more efficiently, 'patrolling' for sources of infection.

If you develop a fever or severe pain/swelling, it'd be best to see a doctor.