Pulse feeling in abdomen after eating?

DAB19

I notice within 30 minutes of eating that I can feel my pulse in my abdomen. I assume this is because of the increased blood flow to the GI tract; I also thought it could be gas build-up, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's a bit unsettling at times. I tried bringing this up with my gastroenterologist and she didn't know what it could be. I had a CT scan with contrast recently so I am assuming I don't have to be worried about AAA (unless one grew really fast since my last imaging study.) I also notice that my heart seems to beat stronger after eating and can last for a few hours. My heart used to race after eating, but since I started Propranolol about a month ago my tachycardia has been well controlled. Has anyone else dealt with these weird symptoms after eating? 

23 hours ago, StayAtHomeMom said:

Could it be a version of heart palpitations? Maybe bring it up to your cardiologist. If I remember right heart palpitations can be anytime you feel your heart beat. Maybe that means in other places as well? Total guessing here. 

I talked to my cardiologist about it and he didn't really address it. Unfortunately, I had to leave my previous POTS cardiologist, but my current doctor although good, doesn't have in-depth knowledge of POTS.

1 hour ago, DAB19 said:

I talked to my cardiologist about it and he didn't really address it. Unfortunately, I had to leave my previous POTS cardiologist, but my current doctor although good, doesn't have in-depth knowledge of POTS.

Hmm... I know sometimes I feel my heart beating in other places but nothing so specific as you describe. Not sure what direction to point you in. Maybe someone else will. I would keep asking different doctors you see though. Maybe one will have a viable answer. 

• 2 weeks later...

@DAB19 - the stronger heart beat after eating is most likely due to the increased circulation sent to digestive tract. I also experience the strong beats rather than fast beats since on medication and - although concerning - they are harmless. I too can see my pulse in my abdomen when lying down and had this all of my life. @Samy - this was very much noticeable when I was skinny and the docs also told me it was only from being skinny. So DAB19 - I would not be too worried about it , especially since you had a CT scan recently. It would have shown any abnormality that is serious.