Travfeling Overseas..about to go to Israel..any tips

It's been forever since I've posted anything on here, but I'm leaving for Israel in a week and I'm looking for any tips or advice.  It's a touring trip so I'm going to be doing A LOT of walking and the trip is 10 days (that's including the traveling part).  I already know that this trip will push me beyond my physical limits.  I'm going to be calling the airline ahead of time so I will have help at the airport and going through security.  I have Neurocardiogenic Syncope, POTS, and along with Cerebral Palsy. So I will have my rolling walker with me to help get me through the airports. I'm going to have my cane packed in my suitcase. I'm arranging transport to help me to the gate.  I'm going to be wearing compression socks for the flight, taking aspirin the days I fly, and will be getting up every couple hours during the main flight.

My  main concern is going through security. My friend will be going through security with me. But I have to wear AFOS (leg braces) that go in my shoes and they are really hard to take in and out. I can take off my shoes but I don't want them to take out the braces. They can put my shoes with the braces through screening if they want to but if they take them out it's going to take forever for me to put them back. 

Anyway so if anyone has suggestions for me for my trip and the airport please feel free to let me know. Thank you!

Hi @Gracefulprincess - I am disabled from POTS but 3 years ago had to travel to germany. I would highly recommend asking for wheel chair assistance at ALL airports. I would not have even be allowed on the plane without it because I would have been passed out on the floor 15 minutes into the check-in process. They pick you up from check-in in a wheel chair and take you to your gate where you will be seated with other disabled people and will be allowed to board first. If I did not request this service I would not have been able o go ( my Dad was dying - I had to go! ). I had several airport employees make remarks that I was able to stand up to be "patted down" - so why can I not walk? But that is a small price to pay for the ablility to even make it to the plane!