Multifocal PVCS

andybonse

I have these and bigeminy and neither of my cardiologists is concerned. They do bother me, and are worse if I take extra metoprolol. I think that's because of the rate going too low for me, like low 60s, but I'm not sure. I don't take in more than a half cup of caffeinated coffee to avoid them getting worse, and IV saline seems to help. 

I used to get HORRIBLE PVC's - multifocal/triplets/bigeminy/trigeminy ( which means 2 or 3 in a row or every other beat or every third beat ) but since I am on BB and calcium channel blocker they have almost subsided(so has my tachycardia). They - in themselves - are not dangerous but they do indicate an irritable ANS. I know that some people are afraid of beta blockers but it all depends what you are more bothered by: the fact that you take BB or the fact that you have PVC's. Beta blockers are what are used to treat these symptoms. If you are not already taking one then you may want to check with your cardiologist about starting one. If you are already taking one and your palpitations persist you may want to check if your dosage needs to be increased or the BB needs to be changed. 

Hi Andy I get a lot of these too. Harmless but uncomfortable and worrying at the time when you're getting them frequently. 

I find that keeping my potassium in the upper end of normal range helps ie over 4 and preferably over 4.5, also supplementing magnesium helps. 

I don't tolerate beta blockers due to resting bradycardia and chronic presyncope (beta blockers decrease cardiac output and cerebral blood flow even in healthy people) however many people can tolerate these at least in small doses and find them helpful. 

B x

6 hours ago, bombsh3ll said:

Hi Andy I get a lot of these too. Harmless but uncomfortable and worrying at the time when you're getting them frequently. 

I find that keeping my potassium in the upper end of normal range helps ie over 4 and preferably over 4.5, also supplementing magnesium helps. 

I don't tolerate beta blockers due to resting bradycardia and chronic presyncope (beta blockers decrease cardiac output and cerebral blood flow even in healthy people) however many people can tolerate these at least in small doses and find them helpful. 

B x

Are yours MultiFocal? I also get Premature Junctional Contractions (basically a type of PAC). I can't take betablockers as my low resting HR too and probably would make my pots worse unfortunately. My potassium is about 4.5 and I take magnesium, I think I need a better type though lol.

8 hours ago, peachychou123 said:

Do you have any kind of GI or reflux issues? The vasovagal nerve is sensitive in many POTS patients and when stimulated it can trigger these palpitations.

Yeah, in fact earlier I felt like a bubble in my stomach and boom a Premature Junctional Contraction happened!