POTS Treatment Center

Jessica_

Hi Jessica I haven't gone but I have spoken to them about their distance programme. The impression I got made me very wary, and if you look around online you will find information that shows it in a rather dubious light. The amount of money charged out of pocket is the first red flag. If anyone questions anything or says they have not improved, they are met with hostility. The main doctor running the center was quoted by one patient as saying something like "some people just don't want to get better" in a room full of desperate people who had traveled a long way and spent a huge amount of money to be there. 

The main treatment they use is a biofeedback programme called Heartmath. The device and instructions for this can be purchased independently for about £200. They are very cagey about divulging the name of this product, probably because they don't want people to know they can just buy it themselves. I do believe biofeedback can have a small role in calming down the sympathetic nervous system & have actually asked my husband for the heartmath Emwave 2 for my birthday, but it doesn't need to cost anywhere near the amount they charge. 

Secondly, and this to me is the biggest thing, having benefited massively from Licorice Root myself (a herbal florinef alternative that actually works and has no side effects) until the effect waned, is that the Pots Treatment Center give patients a list of supplements, of which Licorice Root is one. If people haven't tried this before and then start on it, this could certainly account for some of the dramatic testimonials of patients being out of their wheelchairs at the end of the programme. The effects don't last indefinitely but they can certainly transform your life long enough to praise the Center as miracle workers, not realizing that the sudden ability to stand is due solely to these little capsules for less than £10 a tub. 

I don't want to put anyone off but just to give a realistic view of what I have learned about them.

Best wishes,

B x

On 10/12/2018 at 2:18 AM, bombsh3ll said:

Hi Jessica I haven't gone but I have spoken to them about their distance programme. The impression I got made me very wary, and if you look around online you will find information that shows it in a rather dubious light. The amount of money charged out of pocket is the first red flag. If anyone questions anything or says they have not improved, they are met with hostility. The main doctor running the center was quoted by one patient as saying something like "some people just don't want to get better" in a room full of desperate people who had traveled a long way and spent a huge amount of money to be there. 

The main treatment they use is a biofeedback programme called Heartmath. The device and instructions for this can be purchased independently for about £200. They are very cagey about divulging the name of this product, probably because they don't want people to know they can just buy it themselves. I do believe biofeedback can have a small role in calming down the sympathetic nervous system & have actually asked my husband for the heartmath Emwave 2 for my birthday, but it doesn't need to cost anywhere near the amount they charge. 

Secondly, and this to me is the biggest thing, having benefited massively from Licorice Root myself (a herbal florinef alternative that actually works and has no side effects) until the effect waned, is that the Pots Treatment Center give patients a list of supplements, of which Licorice Root is one. If people haven't tried this before and then start on it, this could certainly account for some of the dramatic testimonials of patients being out of their wheelchairs at the end of the programme. The effects don't last indefinitely but they can certainly transform your life long enough to praise the Center as miracle workers, not realizing that the sudden ability to stand is due solely to these little capsules for less than £10 a tub. 

I don't want to put anyone off but just to give a realistic view of what I have learned about them.

Best wishes,

B x

Wow thank you for all of that info! It is definitely a ton of money. If it actually worked it would be worth every penny but I don’t want to spend that much if it is just a scam. I will have to look into that device you mentioned, I would love to learn how to “control” my ANS and heart rate like they claim. Looks like I have some research to do! 

I don't think it is a deliberate out and out cold hearted scam in that they seem to genuinely believe in their programme, just that they grossly overestimate/exaggerate what can and can't be achieved and seem less concerned with scientific evidence and plausibility than with getting patients to say they have greatly improved whether they have or not.

B x