On week three of a bad stretch.

I have been having a rough time for the past three weeks. Too tired to even force myself to leave the house to see the doc's in between my three day work week. This is the second week in a row where I have not showered for almost 6 days, then clean up on the day I have to work and barely force myself to function. On Monday, after two hours at work, I wanted to lay down in bed it was that bad. I was suffering from fast heart rate, hot flashes, and sweating. I honestly don't know how I was able to force myself to work for another two hours. I had to sham some cleaning and leave an hour early for health reasons. For the last two days I have been having low and high blood sugars. I actually saw snow bright fuzz  (like someone was shining a bright light in my eyes)in my vision for 15 minutes last night with a blood sugar level of 50. I have been having a fast HR, in the 100 when sitting for two days now. I can hear my heart pound in my ear a few times, then stop, then pound again. My BP monitor is showing the erratic heart rate symbol on almost every reading. My BP seems to be bouncing very wildly, or if not, it has to be a faulty machine. I was going from 117/80 to 130/95 then to 120/46, then 118/79, all within 5 minutes of one another, all with the erratic HR warning showing up on the BP monitor. My HR was dipping to 56 a few times today, then bouncing back up to 120 BPM. Everything is all over the place and I have been very lethargic and sleeping for many hours a day. It doesn't matter how much coffee or tea I drink, I am only able to stay awake for so long before becoming extremely lethargic and too tired to even sleep in a lazy boy. I feel like death and I am contemplating quitting my job again. I can barely fight this. I was doing well and then bam, three bad weeks in a row. Yesterday's episode started after I spent an hour in the kitchen cooking. This three week episode started after 2 hours of cleaning the house. So, the over-exertion has caused this. I had the 50 blood sugar last night out of the blue many hours after my insulin should have stopped working and then woke up today with a blood sugar reading of 200, and it stayed high all day, then hit 60. It seems like everything is out of whack this week. I hope it gets better. Any how, thanks for listening to me rant. My only question is can a BP monitor be that inaccurate? 

Wrist bp monitors can be easily affected by position changes. Upper arm ones are more reliable. I was told that if you took 3 readings straight after each other and they were about the same then probably right, if they are all over the place then there is an error!

I thought my odd BP's were the machine, but no it's me.

25 minutes ago, GasconAlex said:

Wrist bp monitors can be easily affected by position changes. Upper arm ones are more reliable. I was told that if you took 3 readings straight after each other and they were about the same then probably right, if they are all over the place then there is an error!

I thought my odd BP's were the machine, but no it's me.

I have an OMRON arm BP monitor. It usually is accurate unless the erratic HR symbol comes out. I think my HR was changing so fast that the machine could not get an accurate BP measurement out of me. Usually my doc's machine has me much higher in BP than my machine. Who knows. I'm just sick of all this stuff. 

@blizzard2014 - does your doc know how bad you are feeling? The symptoms and readings are concerning enough that you should be evaluated. Definitely sounds like your insulin needs adjustment, at least for the time this flare lasts, the episodes of lethargy and low BS can be serious. Please see your doctor ASAP, even is you do not feel well enough to go ( especially then!) Be well!!!!

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

@blizzard2014 - does your doc know how bad you are feeling? The symptoms and readings are concerning enough that you should be evaluated. Definitely sounds like your insulin needs adjustment, at least for the time this flare lasts, the episodes of lethargy and low BS can be serious. Please see your doctor ASAP, even is you do not feel well enough to go ( especially then!) Be well!!!!

I really should see my doc but he is of no use. He barely even listens to me. My Medicaid insurance is so cheap the doctor heard us in and out of the office like cattle. I really need a better doc to sit down with me and evaluate everything. I skipped insulin yesterday and everything was fine. Sometimes I just let the sugars stay all messed up. I'm not going to sit here and fine tune every low or high just to live an extra year or two. Something has to take me out. I just hate knowing that every BS high is killing me slowly. Today I am going to closely monitor my BP though and see if all is well. Most of this is a daily thing for me. My doc once suggested I have chronic fatigue, that is about as close as he has ever come to trying to explain why I feel so terrible, but no suggestions.