What shows up on event monitors??

Catnap

My holter only showed some ectopics, 1 short svt. Now I’m on loop event that I push for symptoms but also it will auto record when it sees something abnormal. It beeps when this happens and it’s been beeping a lot and now I am totally freaked out at what is going on?!?! I didn’t think it would bother recording ectopics as only holds 8 recordings and says send once a day. And why would it record if just sinus tachycardia? So I can’t help but worry that there are some dangerous arrhythmia’s like a-fib or ventricular tachycardia that is being picked up. I can’t wear this for a month when I’m that freaked out whenever it beeps!!!! 

For anyone who’s had event recorders that have auto trigger what kind of events did they pick up????

I had an event monitor just a few months ago. It also recorded any abnormal events and I could push the button to record something myself. However, mine stored many events. It was well over 200 my doctor said. I had a lot of PVCs, PACs, a bunch of episodes of sinus tachycardia, and one episode of ventricular tachycardia. 

Try not to stress or get anxiety over the beeping, it'll just make the event worse or prolonged. Of course, if you have other bothersome symptoms that accompany any cardiac events, please contact your doctor. You said they get sent off at the end of each day? I'm sure they would contact you if something was super serious  

Have you had a 48 hour holter? ECG? Echo? 

Guest KiminOrlando

Every beep means you are that much closer to getting a diagnosis. These beeps are affirmation that this is not all in your head and you are doing the right thing. You have taken a proactive step to make your life more manageable.

"Beep away little machine. You are about to get me the help I need to live a better life."

Yeah. I would not be scared. Heart rhythm problems can all be controlled with meds or by a pace maker. I know it's not fun to be on meds, or to ever need a pace maker, but if it keeps you alive it is definitely worth it. Just think about all those poor souls who lived a few hundred years before us and had the same issues without any meds or medical science to help them. I'm pretty much subject to a 50 percent survival rate from blood clots in lungs without meds. I am so glad we live in a time that we have meds to treat a lot of these disease processes. You are getting close to having answers. This is always a good thing. Knowledge is power and you will not have to wonder what's going on anymore. I hope you feel better soon. Try not to worry. Hang in there. 

15 hours ago, jklass44 said:

I had an event monitor just a few months ago. It also recorded any abnormal events and I could push the button to record something myself. However, mine stored many events. It was well over 200 my doctor said. I had a lot of PVCs, PACs, a bunch of episodes of sinus tachycardia, and one episode of ventricular tachycardia. 

Try not to stress or get anxiety over the beeping, it'll just make the event worse or prolonged. Of course, if you have other bothersome symptoms that accompany any cardiac events, please contact your doctor. You said they get sent off at the end of each day? I'm sure they would contact you if something was super serious  

Have you had a 48 hour holter? ECG? Echo? 

Ok thanks, that’s really helpful. I actually wrote to the company who supply the equipment and that’s eased my mind too as they do record tachy and ectopics etc. I know I get those. Only had 24hr holter and that just showed ectopics and 1 short Svt. And yes they will send daily to cardiologist so if anything really concerning they would contact me. 

8 hours ago, KiminOrlando said:

Every beep means you are that much closer to getting a diagnosis. These beeps are affirmation that this is not all in your head and you are doing the right thing. You have taken a proactive step to make your life more manageable.

"Beep away little machine. You are about to get me the help I need to live a better life."

Thanks I’m trying to take that attitude now. I had a bad episode last night and as much as the beeps can be disconcerting I’m glad they were caught. 

Can you not turn off the beeps? I've had numerous holter monitors over the past few years, and none of them beeped, nor did the instructions say they would beep if something was found. And I know I had some SVT and tachycardia when wearing them. I have AFIB but treated with medicine. It isnt anything serious as long as you get treated for it. I was in AFIB for 9 hours at the hospital. They left me in that condition, until I self-converted. I felt tired afterwards, but they wanted to check if I would self-convert or if they would need to shock me. My heart rate wasn't very fast, only about 100bpm.