Echo

Possible cause of brain fog - especially after eating

Hi all, just came across this article about probiotics being related to brain fog: https://neurosciencenews.com/probiotics-brain-fog-bloating-9659/ 

Apparently you can have too much of a good thing and for some people probiotic bacteria in the small intestine can cause too much lactic acid which contributes to brain fog. 

In dysautonomia brain fog after eating is usually caused by postprandial hypotension/ low blood pressure 

This is a great article. SIBO is definitely something to rule out with a doctor/tests if one has the symptoms of GI trouble and/or brain fog. Certain probiotic strains can worsen SIBO symptoms.

As someone who has struggled with tolerating probiotics for years, I have found very small amounts of D-lactate-free probiotics (made by Custom Probiotics) to be the best option for me. They don't cause the digestive or brain fog symptoms I get after eating yogurt or supplements like L. Acidophilus. 

One other option is to not feed the bacteria in your gut the sugars that they break down. At my sickest, I had a lot of luck with changing my diet (under a doctor's guidance) to eliminate grains/sugars temporarily. Felt like a brand new person!