Possible trigger?

Hi everyone, I hope you are enjoying the summer.

I have developed POTS symptoms nine years ago, mainly orthostatic intolerance, heat intolerance, dizziness in standing position, headaches, to some extent fatigue etc. However my cognitive function seemed to be fine. But then one day five years ago I had roughly three migraine episodes in one day. I had cold at the time and the weather was awful, which probably haven't helped. And then suddenly I started experiencing brain fog, confusion, my brain appeared to be hyper-active ever since. It wasn't the first time I experienced migraine episode (I think dehydration was the cause every time) but it were three seperate ones and the headache was unbearable until I went out and grabbed some fresh air and it was much better. I wonder if something got damaged that day and what I can do to improve this situation if that is possible at all?

Perhaps visit a neurologist to find the cause of your headaches, they may send you to an allergist to rule out or find cause, but at the same time the neurologist will also be curious about the triple migraine that you think caused your symptoms. It might be a good idea to make a timeline of your symptoms and bring it with you to the neuro. Good luck!

Thanks for answers. I have seen neurologists, but they weren't knowledgeble in POTS, and no, the allergy wasn't a problem. That's why I am asking you. The migraine happened to me in many places, once every half a year or so, but in the last few years I haven't had one. I started suffering from POTS/dysautonomia in the summer of 2009 after the autoimmune disease (it has been fully cured) but then since that day with triple migraine I started suffering cognitive symptoms in addition to the initial ones. I wonder if anyone had similar experience of heard of this situation.

15 minutes ago, plaster89 said:

Thanks for answers. I have seen neurologists, but they weren't knowledgeble in POTS, and no, the allergy wasn't a problem. That's why I am asking you. The migraine happened to me in many places, once every half a year or so, but in the last few years I haven't had one. I started suffering from POTS/dysautonomia in the summer of 2009 after the autoimmune disease (it has been fully cured) but then since that day with triple migraine I started suffering cognitive symptoms in addition to the initial ones. I wonder if anyone had similar experience of heard of this situation.

Sorry, I haven't. The closest thing is my oldest son experiences almost daily headaches. Always different areas of his head.  Allergist and ENT have ruled out his sinuses and it seems like allergy meds were making it worse. He mostly deals with them without pain medication. He says you get used to it. He has the classic sign of POTS where his heart rate jumps over 40 bpm. I haven't got his official diagnosis yet because I had brought him to a pediatric cardiologist and she was useless so I have been waiting it out hoping he will outgrow it without his symptoms getting worse. 

Have you gotten a second opinion from another neurologist? Neurologists are the only doctors I know of that could help track down the reason for the migraines.