Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Amongst other annoying symptoms that I have I seem to have a lot of muscle twitching lately. I’ve started taking Magnesium and B12 complex to see if that helps but I was wondering does anyone else suffer muscle twitching? If so, anything that you’ve tried to get it to stop? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Anamaria said:

Amongst other annoying symptoms that I have I seem to have a lot of muscle twitching lately. I’ve started taking Magnesium and B12 complex to see if that helps but I was wondering does anyone else suffer muscle twitching? If so, anything that you’ve tried to get it to stop? 

I get it all the time.  I also take magnesium.  But I find it also helps wuth digestion.  I get twitching in my quads, calves, face, ear, and arms.  Maybe my butt sometimes too.  De-stressing as much as possible helps.  Keeping active as best possible (like, for distraction purposes).  Getting enough sleep.  Remembering to take my meds.  And light exercise.  I’m not sure if they’ve stopped but you can definitely decrease their frequency.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, zerohours000 said:

I get it all the time.  I also take magnesium.  But I find it also helps wuth digestion.  I get twitching in my quads, calves, face, ear, and arms.  Maybe my butt sometimes too.  De-stressing as much as possible helps.  Keeping active as best possible (like, for distraction purposes).  Getting enough sleep.  Remembering to take my meds.  And light exercise.  I’m not sure if they’ve stopped but you can definitely decrease their frequency.  

I get them all in the same places! Hopefully the magnesium will help. I’m also going to start swimming at least twice a week so maybe that will help some too. It’s good to know I’m not the only one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anamaria said:

I get them all in the same places! Hopefully the magnesium will help. I’m also going to start swimming at least twice a week so maybe that will help some too. It’s good to know I’m not the only one. 

Yes.  They’re more annoying than anything,  but I’m slowly learning to tune them out and not exacerbate them by getting anxious or over-exerting myself.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2018 at 7:25 PM, Anamaria said:

Amongst other annoying symptoms that I have I seem to have a lot of muscle twitching lately. I’ve started taking Magnesium and B12 complex to see if that helps but I was wondering does anyone else suffer muscle twitching? If so, anything that you’ve tried to get it to stop? 

HI, I do have twitching also and it wakes me up for sleep. I haven't tried anything to stop it.I just figure my nervous system is going crazy making the nerves hitting the muscle making them jump, Until a couple of weeks ago when I stood when my quads were twitching and what happened my Doctor and PT has never seen before!!! IT WAS VERY PAINFUL(nerve pain). It was like I was getting shocked in my legs and then all over my body to where it finally knocked me down. I'm glad I choose to video it, it happened twice that night and then the next Tuesday. It's back to the annoying twitching now,

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have severe muscle spasms, and I'm literally having them as I type this... They started with the rest of my POTS symptoms back in December. My cardiologist put me on magnesium, and it didn't help much. I saw a neurologist who specialized in neuromuscular diseases a few weeks ago and he said the spasms aren't a concern, so he diagnosed me with benign fasciculation syndrome. He said there wasn't much that could be done to help them, however, he said if I start to notice muscle CRAMPS those could be treated. I have had a few muscle cramps over the last couple of months but they aren't as bad as the muscle spasms. As of now, my follow-up with neurology is scheduled for the end of the year and he said if the spasms continue to get worse he would consider doing a nerve conduction test. Although the spasms can be uncomfortable at times, knowing they aren't something to worry about definitely put my mind at ease.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...