Aud E

Neutral household cleaning products?

Can anyone recommend household cleaning products that effectively clean but do not aggravate dermatitis or autoimmune issues? I know that their are a ton of organic or green products, but many do not clean effectively. I seem to be allergic to most things with fragrances. If there are products you use to clean at home which do not aggravate your health issues, please share.

For floors, I had good results with this stuff I got at Lowe's called "Method Squirt & Mop Hard Floor Cleaner".  It's supposed to be non-toxic.  The "lemon ginger" variety has a mild lemony scent, kind of like 7-Up or Sprite.  Below is a link to the Method products site - you can click on "Ingredients" for each product to see if any of the stuff is stuff you might be allergic to.  I saw on-line that Walgreens and Target also sell it; it's not unique to Lowe's.  And it's convenient to be able to squirt it directly onto the floors.  Good luck - I hope you find lots of good products!!

https://methodhome.com/products/squirt-mop-hard-floor-cleaner-lemon-ginger/

Edited to add - I also can't say enough good things about Skout's Honor products - see link below.  The stuff really does work!  Best of all, a portion of each purchase goes to help animals in shelters!  I've bought it on-line and also at PetSmart.  I think they're actually out of Cali.

https://www.skoutshonor.com/

Vinegar and baking soda works wonders, it bubbles up dirt and scum but does not smell ( other than salad dressing smell ). And I also use eco-friendly FullCircle Lemon grass All Purpose Cleaner ( free of dyes and biodegradable ). It really cleans and does not have any smell at all. 

I use shampoo for a lot of washing and scrubbing. Find one you like that doesn't irritate you, organic baby shampoo is wonderful, and make a solution in a bottle to use for general cleaning. 

I like honest company and a brand called Ms. Meyers. Though I’m not sure if those are fragrance free. Melaleuca is another company that has good products.