Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pistol

stuffy or runny nose anyone?

Hi - this is not an important question but I am wondering if this is due to dysautonomia: every night I have a stuffy nose and dry, itchy eyes ( I do not have any allergies ) and every morning I have extremely tearing eyes and runny nose. This lasts about 40 minutes every morning. Then I am fine for the rest of the day. Can that be due to POTS? I have tried Claritin before but it did not make a difference. 

you & I have a lot of the same symptoms. this happens to me also, except I don’t get dry eyes. They itch & water. But I get the stuffy nose/runny nose. sometimes I get a stuffed up itchy nose. It’s always in the AM & in the evening. 

@StayAtHomeMom - I did not get tested for Sjorgens especially but they did test me for auto-immune several times because I get very bad generalized joint pains at times. All my auto-immune testing is always negative (except elevated ESR). I read somewhere that tears and mucus membranes can be affected by dysautonomia just like perspiration ( I do not sweat ), so I am thinking if the wet eyes/dry eyes as well as stuffy/runny nose thing might be related???

Maybe. I know in the beginning of my issues I had really bad watery eyes. I would lay down and it would look like I was crying they would flow so much. They have eased after about 2 years but they still randomly do when laying down. I have stuffy nose issues too but I have allergies. Started when I was a teenager and have gotten progressively worse over the years. So I am not sure if it is POTS related or not. Maybe try seeing an ophthalmologist or optometrist and see if they see anything in your eyes. My sister in law began her path to her MS diagnosis because of her eyes. There was something weird about her nerves. 

My sinuses have been terrible this year and I think is contributed to worse symptoms.  I was not breathing well through my nose at all.  I've been wearing the breathe right strips on my nose and I've been wearing them all day and all night now.  I don't care how it looks.  I breathe much better with them.   I think I was getting anxiety just from the fact that I wasn't breathing well.  Even with trying to keep my mouth open it's not the same when your nasal passages are stopped up.  I'm actually seeing my doctor tomorrow for this, but I don't know if there is anything a regular family MD will do other than prescribe another drug.  Which I'm not sure I wanna do.  I may be open to steroid nasal sprays since I doubt they would interfere with anything else I'm taking.   At least I don't think they would.......

On 6/28/2018 at 11:31 PM, AB+72 said:

My sinuses have been terrible this year and I think is contributed to worse symptoms.  I was not breathing well through my nose at all.  I've been wearing the breathe right strips on my nose and I've been wearing them all day and all night now.  I don't care how it looks.  I breathe much better with them.   I think I was getting anxiety just from the fact that I wasn't breathing well.  Even with trying to keep my mouth open it's not the same when your nasal passages are stopped up.  I'm actually seeing my doctor tomorrow for this, but I don't know if there is anything a regular family MD will do other than prescribe another drug.  Which I'm not sure I wanna do.  I may be open to steroid nasal sprays since I doubt they would interfere with anything else I'm taking.   At least I don't think they would.......

According to my Allergist they only affect the nasal passages. In theory I am not sure but she swears it doesn't travel through the blood. If your insurance will pay for it I would ask for Qnasal. It is kinda of like using an inhaler for your nose but I thought it opened my passages better than Flonase. My insurance wouldn't pay for it though so I was only able to use the samples for a few weeks.