How long for Florinef to start taking effect?

Shane

I didn't notice any benefit for a month when i first started. I second Clb75, it is only as effective as the fluids and salt you take in. It helps the body hold sodium which in turn helps the body retain more fluid.

Don't forget about potassium.  Florinef tends to flush out potassium, which makes you feel terrible (e.g. weakness, fatigue, palpitations, nausea).  I put it in my DIY electrolyte solution, but plenty of foods have a lot (bananas, potatoes, tomato juice). 

8 hours ago, Shane said:

On the phone with the other cardiologist in the group I saw.  He said you should notice "something" within 10 days.

this question comes up a lot on the forum and you can read other peoples' experiences.  Though it may start to work in 10 days it often takes longer to fully kick in.

My cardiologists both at UCSF and Mayo said most people take a month to see any benefit, although sometimes you can see minor effects earlier. Also, as others have previously mentioned, I was told Florinef depends on a high salt diet to work. So I was told I had to increase salt in order to see any improvement with the Florinef.