Heart rate has to stay elevated for how long?

Alystew

@jklass44 you are absolutely right. And  I also believe that POTS is really not a good name because it is ONE symptom but by far not the worsed one. I guess they get so hung up on it because it is one they can detect with a test, so if your heart does as they want it to then you have it. If not - I guess it's all in your head.   

In healthy people the HR goes up for a few seconds or minutes then comes back down when you stand. In POTS it is a sustained heart rate increase so 15 min or30 min after standing you would still have tachycardia. This is the very definition of POTS.  If your HR doesn’t stay up for more than a few minutes then you don’t have POTS, but might have another form of dysautonomia.

• 1 year later...
On 6/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, yogini said:

In healthy people the HR goes up for a few seconds or minutes then comes back down when you stand. In POTS it is a sustained heart rate increase so 15 min or30 min after standing you would still have tachycardia. This is the very definition of POTS.  If your HR doesn’t stay up for more than a few minutes then you don’t have POTS, but might have another form of dysautonomia.

What other form of dysautonomia for example? OI?