Varicose Veins and venous insufficiency

MaryJo

Hi,

Does anyone suffer with heavy, painful (dull ache) legs? As POTS causes blood pooling I guess this could put us more at risk of varicose veins, although I know that I am more susceptible to this because of the EDS.

My main question is does anyone know if it is possible to have these symptoms prior to varicose veins being visible. At the moment I have some spider or thread veins on my thighs, but wondered if it was possible to have symptoms before they obviously appear.

Thanks for any comments.

Love,

MaryJo

I don't know if my varicose veins have anything to do with the dysautonomia or the fact I worked standing on hard concrete floors for almost 20 years. I do have heavy restless and painful legs. After numerous complaints to my doctor about my legs and several different trials of treatments for them, we found out the Neurontin keeps it pretty much under control. Check with your doctor and see what he says.

purplefocus

I have heavy legs that swell when I sit for any length of time, and the right leg swells more than the left. I suspect it has something to do with my veins, but my docs won't even consider any vein tests on me since I've already had so many blood/heart/etc. tests since I became ill. I don't know the answer to your question and would think a Doppler study of your leg veins would be appropriate to check your circulation.

Amy

i don't know the answer to your question but can say that i too get heavy, achy legs at times. they're the worst when i am upright & not moving for longer periods which corresponds with the circulation theory.

your question intrigues me so make sure & let us know if you get any good info from a doc...

:-)melissa