Making your own salt capsules

Does anyone here make their own salt capsules by filling empty gel caps?

I just bought a bag of gel caps to try this as I usually mix my salt in diluting juice to drink but find the taste unpleasant. I think I would find it easier to drink more fluid if I could just have water maybe with some chopped lemon in which is nice, and get my salt in capsules which are quick to swallow and have no taste. 

I know you can buy salt pills but they are not easy to come by in the UK, contain very little salt and would cost a lot if used as your main or only source of salt as you would have to take so many per day.

Would love to hear any advice experience or tips on this!

B x

Hi - I was not able to tolerate salt pills, they made me actually throw up every time. So I now am very liberal with my table salt and eat a lot of extra salty olives ( not in vinegar, in oil ) as well as pickles etc. I also drink Gatorade which has recently helped me through a flare without needing IV fluids. I find it a lot easier and pleasant to hide salt in food than in liquids. 

Sorry you couldn't take the salt pills Pistol. I tried one of my capsules the other night and it seemed fine although very fiddly to fill by hand so I am now waiting for a device that helps you fill multiple capsules at once with less mess. 

I just don't like the taste of salt & am not a big eater anyway due to presyncope related nausea, so ruining my food with it didn't suit me either. 

We do not have Gatorade here in the UK but I would love to try it! We have some nice tasting isotonic sports drinks but they actually seem to contain very little salt, and are high in sugar. 

I do drink a litre of oral rehydration mix before getting up which doesn't taste too bad though.

B x