Eye ball movement not eyelid twitching

Hi all.  I have had POTS for years and do a fairly good job of managing however whenever I get a new symptom (which is often!!), I come to this site to see if it's POTS or if it's something else.  This site has helped me so many times!  But now I'm experiencing a new symptom and couldn't find any answers when I searched.  My left eyeball occasionally makes involuntarily movements from left to right.  It feels like twitching but I was looking in the mirror when it happened and the eye itself was moving and not the eyelid..  They were extremely small, rapid movements but I can feel/see it and it's uncomfortable.   Is this a POTS thing or could it be something else?  Thanks for all of your help!!

It could be a dysautonomia symptom, it could be neuro or muscular, it could be you're just really tired and/or are fried from sensory overload. When my eyeballs are bothering me I have to go lay down with a cool or warm wrung-out washcloth cloth over my eyes--I see what feels best, if cool doesn't do it I then try warm. My eyes can get wonky to the point where it's impossible to read or walk without me wanting to hurl or scream. Do you have any muscle relaxants at the house? I take 2mg diazapam for vertigo; my EP always reminds me that valium is a muscle relaxant and I can also use it for when I get the shakes or trembling. It does help with my eyes, I start with 1mg and work up from there if that small dose doesn't have an effect.  Certainly talk to your doctor about the eye movement if it doesn't clear up over the weekend. For now, lower the lights, use compresses if they help, put your feet up and take a solid nap when you can. I hope you feel better soon.

I think it is unusual to have just 1 eye ball moving. With vertigo both eye balls move due to the inability to focus. I am not sure if that is a concerning fact or not but if I were you I would get it checked. Your PCP might know if it something that needs to be addressed.