Tilt test for POTS

Nikita937

Hi, I’ve hEDS. I’ve to do the tilt test, but I’m scared about it, because I’m emetophobic (vomiting phobia). I read that if the test, at the beginning, results negative you have to take a pill for evoke a syncope. I’m afraid of feeling bad and throwing up. There are someone who did this test end took this pill without feeling bad? Thanks to all! 

Hi - yes, I had this test done years ago when I first became symptomatic and then again  few years later. The first time they gave me a pill called nitroglycerin which promptly made me pass out (no vomiting at all). After that - 2 years later - I had it done again, this time they gave me an IV medication called Isoprotenerol (Isuprel) which made my heart start beating strongly out of my chest but no passing out, and no nausea or vomiting, either. Be brave - it will be OK.  

9 hours ago, Pistol said:

Hi - yes, I had this test done years ago when I first became symptomatic and then again  few years later. The first time they gave me a pill called nitroglycerin which promptly made me pass out (no vomiting at all). After that - 2 years later - I had it done again, this time they gave me an IV medication called Isoprotenerol (Isuprel) which made my heart start beating strongly out of my chest but no passing out, and no nausea or vomiting, either. Be brave - it will be OK.  

Thank you. I’ll try. This test is important, it is for me health, I have to do it. I’ll say to the doctor about my phobia, maybe he can prescribe any anti nausea med without alter the result test.