Tips for recovering from overexertion

Lainy

So, I'm sure I'm not the only one that over-does it. I had a good day yesterday with a lot more energy than I'm used to so I put it to work. Did a whole bunch of intensive cleaning I've been putting off due to just not feeling well and went at it all day. 

And now I'll probably be paying for it for several days because I definitely overexerted myself. 

What are your tips for overexertion? Besides LOTS of rest, what helps you recover? What cues do you pay attention to - to prevent overexerting yourself in the first place?

4 hours ago, Mistri_The_Squirrel said:

I think I may have overdone it today, but I remembered to drink fluids and eat.  I still feel like I probably did too much though.  I guess we'll see if I wind up sleeping for most of the next few days.  :unsure:

I hope it's not too bad for you. I was down for most of the day myself(recovering from yesterday) I feel like I ran a marathon and then followed it up with weightlifting when all I really did was clean. : /

Roxy, the timer is a great idea. That's mostly my problem, too. I get on a roll and totally forget to even stop for water... even if it's right next to me. lol

So hard not to overdo things as our tolerance varies daily however I am getting better at pacing myself than I use to be and on the whole it helps . I have a strict regime after lunch for rest meditation and breathing exercises  for an hour and half if I don't do it then I am too tired in the evening. Learning on a good  day to not get too enthusiastic with chores but also to do something I enjoy as well its good for the  soul !

Hope you all feel better soon !

On 3/28/2018 at 12:38 AM, Lainy said:

I hope it's not too bad for you. I was down for most of the day myself(recovering from yesterday) I feel like I ran a marathon and then followed it up with weightlifting when all I really did was clean. : /

Roxy, the timer is a great idea. That's mostly my problem, too. I get on a roll and totally forget to even stop for water... even if it's right next to me. lol

I wasn't too bad yesterday, until I had a pre-syncope episode when I was helping my mother move something.  Then I got tired, and I'm still tired...even though I took a 4-hour nap today.  :mellow: 

How are you feeling?

19 hours ago, Mistri_The_Squirrel said:

I wasn't too bad yesterday, until I had a pre-syncope episode when I was helping my mother move something.  Then I got tired, and I'm still tired...even though I took a 4-hour nap today.  :mellow: 

How are you feeling?

Now that it's three days later - I'm much better! lol I did take the advice to load up on salt and water(more so than normal) and that seemed to help me recover a little quicker. I hope you're feeling a little better today, too!

3 hours ago, m@t said:

Any of you chaps tried beta blockers or increased beta blockers after over exertion?

I'm currently on a beta blocker to treat tachycardia. But for me personally, they make me tired in general so I'd be afraid to increase and make anything worse.