Heart Halter

Has anyone worn a heart halter?   I wore one about 5 years ago, before I first got my diagnosis.  Because my epsiodes have been increasing, my cardiologist wanted me to wear one for a month to make sure that everything is still okay.  He thinks it's just because of the pregnancy (I am almost 30 weeks) but wants to make sure.  It's kind of frustrating to deal with it, but I guess it's good that it rules out anything more serious with the heart.  The episodes feel serious and scary, but the cardiologist says that my heart is still beating in a normal rhythm, which is good.  

I had 3 holter monitors when I first started having POTS symptoms, they all showed either fast or slow heart rates. After my POTS diagnosis I had an implanted loop recorder for 3 years which showed the same as well as a trial flitter (this is not POTS related). --- I know of many POTS patients whose symptoms get worse with pregnancy but then get better again. I wish you will feel better after the baby. Good luck - these monitors are very helpful in diagnosing irregular heart beats.    

A month without a bath!

As is the way, the two times I wore a 24 hour one, I didn't get any symptoms, so was told nothing was wrong with me!

Due to the symptoms getting worst, I found you can buy your own ECG, so I bought a Prince 180B, what a fantastic thing it is, I will attach a picture of one of its readouts, the graphs look exactly the same as the ones in the ambulance rides I got, and my cardiologists tell me these are useful.

I also now have a Reveal Linq implanted ecg monitor, but I tend to use my ecg before I trigger my Reveal linq to record so I don't waste their time showing them my daily minor ectopics. 

Palpitations all day at work1  Feb 21st evening woke up morning of 22ndijpg.jpg

I had one for a few weeks last year.  It was annoying, and the electrode pad adhesive irritated my skin, even though I don't have any known skin allergies.  After it was over with, someone online told me they have pads for sensitive skin, so that's something to ask about if you feel the need.  I could take off the pads and bathe, then put a new set on when I got out and re-connect the leads.  It was not a big deal, just kind of a pain.