Sad News - one of our own EDS/POTS

issie

I'm so very sad. I had not heard from Diamond/Nina in awhile. Last time I talked to her she told me she was having a very hard time of recovery from her neck fusion. And she had a hard time being on her computer. Since I have EDS too, she offered to look at my x-rays and tell me what she saw. (She always wanted to help others and no matter how bad she felt - she was kind and caring.) I just learned Diamond/Nina went to sleep in death in Jan. She is no longer in the pain she experienced daily. It's very sad that she fought so hard for help and even though she finally got surgery - she still didn't survive. I will miss her. Here is the post from her mother. 
https://m.facebook.com/ChiariJourney/posts/1982696761998399
My deepest condolences go out to her parents and those who loved her. 
Issie

I thought those that remembered her would like to know. She fought so hard to get EDS and POTS known in the UK. It was a hard journey for her, but she did make it more known to both doctors and others seeking help. I'm sad that her very complicated problems couldn't be corrected and her to be able to have the full life she had so wanted. I had private conversation with her and that memory makes me smile. She was a lovely person both outside and in. I'm glad her pain is no more. 

Issie