lattegirl

Intermittent use Butchers Broom

Hi

Has anyone tried using Butchers broom just when you get up or as and when needed during the day .

Wondering whether it kicks in within 30 min like midodrine and how long effects last 

Many thanks

I ordered some of this a while back, sadly it had no positive effect for me (although nor does midodrine - I am already intensely vasoconstricted) and I also then discovered it has diuretic effects so stopped taking it. 

Per my doctor’s suggestion, I use coffee (caffeine) to raise my blood pressure when I get up from sleeping.

Of course, not everyone is okayed to have caffeine. He had done enough medical tests to know that in my case it was fine to use caffeine as a blood pressure raising tool. People should check with their doctors to make sure they are okay to have caffeine. But... if your doctor okays it, it can be a great tool for raising blood pressure. 

Thanks Missy M,

I always have a coffee in the morning and that works but I can't then have another later in the day. 

Butchers broom Is a pretty mild pressor but it does have a mild diuretic effect. It also forces the release of norepinephrine via tyramine content which may benefit some but not others

Thanks Ramatentesh,

I have not noticed myself a difference in using butcher's broom but maybe you need to use it beyond 1 month to receive benefits or side effects.