What's your uniquely" POTS - ie" problem?

GardenGal

We all have them... Like when the public restroom you scoped out upon entering the store is too far away from the bench you have crumped onto. What IS most important after all? Peeing or not blacking out? 

Today I was laying in bed when my valiant partner brought me some salt for the kale I consume like it's going out of style and he inadvertently spilled a large volume of good ol NaCl down my sleeve and into the dressing of my IV sight.  Some people go to movies or hike for kicks. We giggled our way through dust-busting the bed and shaking me out. They should have classes for this stuff... Dysautonomia 101: how to clean salt out of an IV sight. Would love to hear of your funny uniquely POTS-ie moments.

Love, Garden Gal.... 

How about in the middle of an executive management meeting with my boss and the entire management staff of the company seated and staring at me as I slid to the floor.  By the way, I was in the middle of a presentation I had worked on for months!  It started with a full temperature spike, so profuse sweating, my heart pounding so hard that I couldn't hear anything.  But I could tell by the expression on their faces that I must have looked pretty rough.  I remember thinking "please no! Not now! Not now!"  Yeah.... that didn't work.  I slid to my knees (I was in a dress and terrified of where it would end up if I fell) before I became completely incapacitated.  I came to with all of them still seated and staring at me.  I sat up.  My boss offered to help me back to my desk.  I refused, wiped the sweat off my face and proceeded to do the worst presentation of my entire working life because of the pounding headache, horrible brain fog and shaking that I couldn't stop. My stubborn need to prove to myself that nothing had changed, led me to do a lot of regrettable things back then. But acceptance was hard for me.   It was most definitely the worst episode that I can remember clearly. 

Oh my Edriscoll!!! That's so awful and funny and I am so so sorry that happened to you. Yes, there was a period of a couple years for me of fighting to do what I used to do, and thinking I 'should' be able to, that landed me in some pretty rough spots. Aaaaaaah acceptance. Still hard for me on a lot of days, but also brings a level of stability and peace I have come to appreciate. 

O Cory. I smile because it's so typical, and terrible. I crumped right after making it through security in Denver once. Already dumped my water, but sprawled on the floor shaking, and they though it was a security risk when my husband asked to get me some water! That chunk of time waiting for a wheelchair and a bottle of water felt like eternity. 

• 3 months later...

Passing out in the hospital in the bathroom, fell off the toilet with my pants off - and waking up in bed with my pants ON --- thank god for nurses!!! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...