Disability benefits and work!

Gemma

Hi everyone. Can someone provide information what happens to disability benefits if return to work part time? Are people on disability allowed to try to work without loosing benefits? Will they take away the benefits and if so, is it difficult to reinstate the benefits if unable to work? Anyone been in this situation? Thank you for the info. Not sure if this post belongs in this part of the forum, please move if it diesn't. Thank you! 

I think it is on the social security administration website.  I was told by my attorney that if I returned to work and lost benefits, I would have to 'requalify' by working 5 years to be eligible for benefits again. You will need to check that. You can work some, but they decrease your benefits, I think.

They have a return to work program where they can answer all these questions. 

I did read information on their website. Its not very clear and there is nothing about have to work for another 5 years before you can requalify. That doesn't make any sense! I was wondering if anyone tried returning to work or was able to work part time to see if they can manage it before loosing the benefits. Thank you. 

Thank you for your input but that is not what I am asking. And what you are referring to are work credits, whatever you earned already is not taken away and working extra amount of time adds up to your working credits. It even says that in your link. 

I have researched enough about work trial period while on disability. I wanted to see if there are people here who actually went thru it and how it effected their benefits. Thank you!!!