Has anyone needed a pacemaker

Samantha91

Sorry to here to have not had any success with medications. Have you attempted Corlanor? I have POTS and do have a pacemaker.  The pacemaker was life changing for me. Although it stopped the syncope, it did not stop the presyncope symptoms. A combination of pacemaker and Corlanor has been a success for me. Note: I had pacemaker placed before dx of POTS for heart pauses and sick sinus syndrome.  I think it is hard to get a pacemaker approved for dx of POTS alone.

I have a pacemaker, life changing for me. I went from passing out 20+ times a day to not at all for 6 months. Due to complications from gastroperesis, infections, osteomyolitis I have had a very tough time trying to stay hydrated etc. We are hopeful, and Cardio expects, that once we get passed these issues and the deconditioning that has set in that I will get back to where I was post pacemaker placement. Please feel free to ask me any questions or PM me if you like. Hope you soon find what works for you!

My cardiologist who monitors my POTS & NCS evaluated me for a pacemaker by doing a (for me, second) Tilt Table Test specifically for that very purpose. As I understand it, he was wanting to see if my heart was erroneously sending itself incorrect signals versus was it a healthy heart being sent incorrect signals from an “outside source” (my nervous system). 

In my case, he determined that a pacemaker would not solve my particular heart rate issues. I appreciated him making sure before putting me through a pacemaker surgery. 

Edited by Missy M
correcting a typo