Respiratory virus and elevated heart rate....anyone?

dizzyape

I've had a nasty chest cold that has me coughing and feeling pretty crappy. My heart rate is hanging in the 90's but when I get up to go to the bathroom or walk upstairs I'm jumping to 114-130.  I was seen at the ER to rule out flu and strep.  I have tachycardia anyway but my propranolol is usually good at keeping it under control.  I'm guessing this virus is the reason for my increased heart rate just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.  

Thanks!

My HR always goes higher when my immune system is fighting something off.  My resting HR is usually ~45-55bpm, or ~32-45bpm when sleeping.   When I'm sick add ~30-50 points to that. Often, the HR goes up before I become symptomatic of a cold/flu and remains after the cold/flu symptoms go away. 

All of my dysautonomia symptoms are much worse with any kind of cold or infection. It really doesn't take much to throw me off, and I get a lot of colds so it really sucks. I am allowed to take more metoprolol so I may try adding a halfway table to next time. My fast, pounding heart is usually my worst symptom no matter what my infection is like.