Phenylephrine

green

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 12:33 PM, green said:

I posted about pheneylephrine a few months ago.

It definitely works for me - the blood pressure elevating effects are stimulating. And it is a cheap OTC drug, so I am pleased.

What dose are you using? I just purchased a bunch of pheneylephrine but I'm not certain what a good dose for POTS might be.

• 4 weeks later...

Back in the day of being a normal person always trying to loose weight without exercising I would pick up "ephedra " pills at the local gas stations to slim down. Of course it worked great with caffeine and "craze dieting" but never worked in the long run. 30 years later my friend comes to visit and has these "supplements" for dieting  and has caffeine and ephedra in it-but this is ephedra from the leaves not the root (from the roots it was causing all these habit issues and cardiac issues back in the day). So I try it while she is here and WOW!! it helps me function better-energy wise and focus wise-not longer though. I still have my limitations of about an hour upright standing or shy of 2 hours sitting upright before needing to recline but better. On the bottle it says to take one or two in am and another in afternoon but just one does me well for 6 hours and that's all I need. So I got some. I use it on days I need to be more functional-was great at Christmas and all the company- but not every day. It does not "adversely affect my HR or BP-seems the same odd numbers as usual for me.

Has anyone else tried an "ephedra supplement"?