Fainting in public or with friends

FSKhan

That's horrifying! I hardly ever am not with one of my family members. I don't venture out much beyond Drs and church though. At church I have some friends who are more familiar with my passing out and if they feel there's an issue they have either brought me to my family (I use a wheelchair and it's adapted so I don't fall out when I'm unconscious) or bring one of them to me. Only place I pass out alone is when I'm home by myself. Thankfully my service dog stays by my side at home and will give me enough warning to get into a position that will not cause an injury. 

That is awful and they don't sound like true friends at all. I don't know how old you and your friends are, maybe they are young and immature and panicked when they saw you pass out, but there really is no excuse.  I don't usually go out alone and usually get enough warning if I am about to pass out that I can get myself down in a safe position. Unless these people genuinely feel bad now and are willing to become more understanding and compassionate about your condition I would no longer consider them friends.

If you are prone to regular faints a medic alert bracelet may be helpful, there are also more technical devices that could send an alert to a family member. If you are in a public place, generally strangers will quickly come over to help if they see someone unconscious.  I also always have my folding stool with me if not in my wheelchair so I am never stuck without a seat. It wasn't expensive and really helps. 

Hi, i am 27, my friends were between 23-28.  This was during university lecturer. I was doing my masters. I graduated last month :) The stress of the work load caused me to faint a few times, but that was my fault, I didn't give myself a break until it was over lol but yeah.... I told them before hand, so they knew about the fainting. I remember when I woke up, they were sitting ,chatting and on their phones. .....

Even another time. a couple of my university lecturers were annoyed because they either had to fill out paper work, and because I was disrupting everyone :( 

I don't really go out. Just normally stay at home. I go out for grocery shopping or doctors appointments but I'm usually with my mother. Thankfully I can drive, so don't need to walk too far or carry heavy things. 

I do have a medical ID bracelet :) 

Tbh, my friends tend to ignore me too. But they do it because they know I would prefer no scene be made. Passing out is embarrassing enough as it is, I don't want everyone making a big deal out of it and making me feel worse. If I were to not wake up, or wake up and appear injured, I'm sure they would help. But otherwise, I prefer everyone just leave it alone.