Naltrexone problems

Sherri

Hi I have POTS and Fibromyalgia, plus Hashimoto's Disease, and recently was put on 4.5 of Naltrexone. I started immediately to have a funny feeling in my head and some nausea. Also made me very sleepy but could not sleep. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and already having sleep problems, so that might be making things worse. Now my low blood pressure has went very high

( 140/ 100) and I wondered if anyone else has taken the Naltrexone and had problems with it? Did you lower the dose?

Thanks

I also have Lyme and and on LDN. I have not been able to tolerate it very well though Bc of heard palpitations. I am only on .5 which is a very low dose. It really does help me but I feel like it's very stimulating and may be negatively effecting my PoTs and heart issues. You are on the very highest dose ( for low dose naltrexone). My dr days you have to play around with the dosage, till you find your right dose. It's definitely not one size fits all. I do know that LDN has helped a lot of people with lyme and can help modulate the immune system. So I do think it's really beneficial. Hope this helps! It seems quite a high dose to start on. Everything I have heard is that you build it up slowly. Most I know start at 1 or 1.5.

I tried a small dose of 1.5mg LDN, once and once only! I planned to increase gradually to about 4.5mg as tolerated. I am an opioid responder (pain and hyperadrenergic symptoms wise) and was hoping to boost my endogenous opioids.  My reaction to it was similar to someone withdrawing severely from heroin - sweating, extreme tachycardia, high BP, shaking, anxiety, agitation and general malaise. I did't sleep at all that night. I guess I must be producing some of my own opioids after all for that to happen!

• 1 month later...