Do you experience a feeling of fullness....

I am having a hard time describing the symptom, but my legs actually feel extra full of blood and they throb. Does this sounds familiar to anyone??

Is this what they call bloodpooling? It definitely happens when I'm up walking around.

Just wondering,

Lisa

YES!!!! I feel it alot I do think it is what is considered to be blood-pooling. My legs actually swell and my socks will cut into me and leave little marks. Try compression hose it should help keep it from pooling so bad also elevating your feet regularly helps. When you'll be out for long try to remember to wear flat shoes, mine always gets worse if I'm wearing heels. Good Luck!

I have this feeling also, it is like a deep inside ache in my lower legs. I kept complaining to my doctor of this and I am going tomorrow for a nerve study, my doctor is expecting this to be neuropathy. He has started me on a medication called neurotin for this.

Thanks everyone, this annoying feeling goes away after a good nap. (I guess putting your feet up is the key)

Any other tips? I'll have to try some support stockings also.

Lisa

Yes, the symptom you describe is definitely from blood pooling. Suggestion: If you have health insurance, call and ask (or have your medical supply store call and ask) what your coverage is for durable medical goods--I believe that's the category under which compression hose falls. I suppose "support stockings" that you can by at the drugstore could help some, but you'll get the best benefit from real compression hose--the kind that are sold through medical supply stores. A regular pharmacist can order them, but a medical supply store will have a great selection to choose from. (You don't have to have a prescription, but they're really expensive, and if you have health insurance coverage, you'll need your doctor to phone in a prescription to have the price covered.) Also, you need to have someone measure your calf and ankle when you go to the store (takes two seconds) so you're sure to buy the right size.

I started wearing knee socks that are 20-30 mg of pressure (I highly recommend Mediven brand), and I've tried the thigh high ones as well. I can't believe how fantastic they make my legs feel; I noticed a difference immediately! It was so exciting!

If your symptoms are really bad (which it sounds like they are), try the 30-40 mg of pressure for even more compression. Don't be afraid to experiment with sizes and types if you have coverage or if you can afford to buy on your own. (They're around 65 bucks for knee socks, more for thigh high.)