How to describe the "overwhelmed by movement/cars" feeling

p8d

I've had to get a new PCP and while she is quite dysautonomia conversant (yay!!) when I tried to explain the issue of being overwhelmed in moving vehicles or moving my head too fast or being in bright, busy environments she suggested I was anxious and might want to see a therapist.  I don't know how to describe it in medical terminology.  I insisted that I don't get anxious and that it's like everything moves too fast for my brain to process.  I don't know how else to describe it.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

I describe it as sensory overload to most physicians - like too much is happening at once. I tell them that I have had panic before and this feeling is totally different from panic. When I told a doctor I felt like I had sensory overload, they approached it with a neurological stance rather than a psychological stance. 

I just say I get overstimulated while driving. Between the noises, the light sensitivity, the movement in front of me, peripherally, it's just too much for my sensitive nervous system. Some days are better than others. Some days I can't drive at all. Lots of days I can barely take the sunlight on the front porch. 

Hi I am a newbie💛

‘I have been using sound reducing headphones & hats/caps/visors. Overstimulated by car travel unless just a few miles.

wow I am just figuring It all out. Ty for this post :)

I too have suffered from this sensory overload with a history of panic attacks...panic attacks have only occurred twice since 2006.  However, my eye doctor said I was experiencing ocular migraines...these are painless but all other migraine symptoms are present, light and noise sensitivity, strobe light or dappled light can set it off and Lord knows anything that creates that"G" force, like turning my head too fast or turning the corner while in the car...there isn't a treatment plan to my knowledge, I'm just very careful and if anyone has suggestions...I'm all ears...thanks

Gemini, I've never heard of ocular migraines.  Interesting.  I asked my neurologist about the overstimulation and if was ANS or CNS.  My previous PCP thought it was CNS and prescribed scopolamine patches.  My neurologist said it was impossible to determine if it's ANS or CNS and told me not to use the patches so I haven't.  My new PCP is checking with the other dysautonomia neurologist in the area for his opinion but I haven't heard back yet.  She suggested that I try the madafinil the neuro prescribed for fatigue and thought it might help with the overstimulation.  I've taken three doses so far and will be posting some more questions in a new post.  I have traveled when I took it and did ok but I didn't go far.  I'll keep you posted.