Gastroparesis question

Guest KiminOrlando

Guest KiminOrlando

I have gastroparesis, but I am very lucky. I don't have a feeding tube and can eat pretty much what I want because I take Domperidone. I can even eat salad or fruits with what I will call mild discomfort. Before Domperidone, I was in tremendous pain, vomiting, diarrha and just trying to breathe through the pain, sometimes collapsed on the cold tile floor of my bathroom. I've been on Domperidone for 7 years.

In the last month things have changed a little. I don't have that horrendous pain or any of the vomiting or diarrhea, but I eat about 6 bites of food and I am full. Last night I had manicotti, and didn't finish my meal. I ate about half. I spent all night feeling like I over ate. It felt like the food was in the back of my throat all night and I was nauseated. Today, I thought I would eat a sandwich for lunch about 3, but after 8 bites, I stopped. I think I could probably just eat once a day, but I have too many pills that need to be taken with food for that to work.

What is happening? If Domperidone has stopped working or my gastroparesis is progressing, wouldn't the other more violent symptoms come back? I'm not losing weight. I don't really have anything concrete to go to my doctor with. I have a standing order for a liver functions test, which I plan to do soon, just in case there is some elevated liver enzymes.

Any other guesses?

Thanks.

Kim 

Guest KiminOrlando

No other problems. I started two new meds - high dose Riboflavin for headaches and Salagen for Sjogren's. I'm thinking it could be the Salagen because it says it could occasionally cause nausea, but the timing isn't exact, close, but not exact. Also, I don't usually feel nauseous, just not hungry and full too soon. If I force myself to eat, then I get nauseous. 

Guest KiminOrlando

My headaches have been getting worse the last several years. The neurosurgeon says it is due to craniocervical instability, but the neurologist doesn't agree. I have brainstem compression, but I don't think that is involved in feeling full. Not really sure what is going on. The headaches don't seem to correlate to eating issues but stranger things have certainly hapened.