Could this by POTS or other type of Dysautonomia?

orion

Hi,

I experience lots of issues that are kind of debilitating. It started with feeling dizzy/light headed at random times during the day. This was two months ago. As time went by, I started to have more issues like fatigue, headaches, exercise intolerance, weird feeling in stomach, reflux and GI issues.  I also experience pain in thorax area, shoulders, neck and arms. 

My resting heart rate sitting or laying is around 90. Sometimes it's higher like over 100. If I rest in bed for hours my heart rate can go under 80. When I stand up, my heart rate goes to around 120-130 bpm and stays there. So this can by an increase of more than 50 bpm. On average I would say it does increase more than 30 bpm.

I don't necessarily feel dizzier when standing than I already am.   But I do feel really uncomfortable if I stand for to long.

Could this be pots or some other type dysautonomia?

Mine is exactly this way. When I get up in the mornings, 20-30 mins later I a literally vibrating, as if I've drink a pot of coffee (which I no longer drink caffeine) and my bom will be over 125. Sometimes I just feel dizzy other times I will black out. My Cardiologist keeps reminding me that I have POTS but I still can't always wrap my head around it!!!

Your symptoms sound pretty similar to mine, and I’ve been told I have IST with mild orthostatic intolerance. From what I’ve been told, a consistently high resting heart rate (95 or higher) is usually a key difference between IST and POTS. With IST, my heart rate also elevates substantially with minimal activity, including standing. Of course, there’s a lot of crossover between IST and POTS symptoms, so I would absolutely recommend seeing a doctor that specializes in dysautonomia - it has really helped me!

6 hours ago, Ashleigh said:

Your symptoms sound pretty similar to mine, and I’ve been told I have IST with mild orthostatic intolerance. From what I’ve been told, a consistently high resting heart rate (95 or higher) is usually a key difference between IST and POTS. With IST, my heart rate also elevates substantially with minimal activity, including standing. Of course, there’s a lot of crossover between IST and POTS symptoms, so I would absolutely recommend seeing a doctor that specializes in dysautonomia - it has really helped me!

IST is also likely.  I do seem to experience an elevated heart rate with moderate activity. My heart rate during a half hour walk is between 140 and 155 bpm. 

During the cycle test at the cardiologist my heart rate peaked at 200 bpm after about 15 minutes and they decided to stop there. 

Is this abnormal increase of heart rate during exercise only a characteristic of IST or also of POTS. 

My heart rate during sleep is pretty normal though. I have measured it and it's between 50 and 60 bpm. Is this something we see in POTS or IST? 

I went through the same thing. Finally began to heal when I removed animal products, dairy and eggs from my diet. I slowly began drinking celery juice every morning on an empty stomach and incorporating fruits and veggies into my diet. I was amazed by how quickly I began to notice improvement. Prior to this change I couldn’t get out of bed without extreme exhaustion and all the symptoms you described. After 2 weeks of fruits and veggies and celery juice I could walk down the street, this kept increasing and now I’m waking 4 miles a day and have been symptom free for 5 months. It’s amazing when we recognize the healing powers of fresh fruits and veggies! Amazing!!