STRETCH MARKS

I AM JUST GOING TO BE 18 IN 2 WEEKS AND HAVE GOT REALLY BAD STRETCH MARKS ALL OVER MY BODY!!! THEY ARE DISGUSTING AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING IT. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM. USUALLY STRETCH MARKS COME FROM LOSING A BUNCH OF WEIGHT OR AFTER HAVING A BABY, I HAVE NOT HAD EITHER OF THESE PROBLEMS. THEY JUST APPEARED AND KEEP SPREADING. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT YOU CAN PROVIDE ON THIS SUBJECT. THANKS! CHRISSY

first, please take off the all caps lock on your computer... just a netiquette thing that you may not be aware of, but caps are considered "screaming" online. It's also harder to read.

You may want to get checked by a dermatologist--not sure what you're stretch marks are about. However, people who grow quickly can get them, and are relatively common. I have them on my calves, thighs, hips, chest, and bottom. Basically, I went through a huge growth spurt/puberty over one summer. I went from 82 to 118 lbs--flat, little tiny person, to a somewhat taller curvy person.

Nina

<_< ahh, well Michelle, that might explain why I have so darned many of them! :(

(and, I've never been pregnant or more than 30 lbs overweight).

Nina

are you on any medication?

i don't think that i have eds however i am covered in stretch marks, this happened around christmas, i'm taking florinef and my doctor seems to think that this is what has caused my stretch marks, they started on my tummy but now they are all over my waist on my calves my thighs and my breasts - i look like i've been attacked by a lion!!

take care

becky x x x

I have some stretch marks and definitely don't have EDS. There are some products ont he market these days to reduce strech marks, like Mederma, I looked into this once, but I think you have to put it on a few times a day for 3 months. I just don't have the patience to do it, but it's supposed to help a lot.